• 3(current)
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test
@S4T4N: isn't that behavior not the same with local directories too?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@WiSo: No issues with local directory. It is working fine. I can add C drive as a source and from there, I can browse to the user's music folder and see all folders and files there.
@WiSo: Also works fine with portable drives connected to the computer on USB. Seems to be only happening to SMB. If we don't add the shared folder directly, we can't see the files/folders.
WiSo, I assume the changes you just checked into SVN are related to this SMB functionality, if so, and people want to test your latest changes, they can use my latest SVN build to help you out.

Let me know if I'm putting my nose where it doesnt belong...
Thanks jester but linux branch still uses the smb client and not the new class.
I've uploaded a new exe which should fix the special character issue with shares and directories below shares weren't browseable.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XB...se_mirror=
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Thanks jester but linux branch still uses the smb client and not the new class.
I've uploaded a new exe which should fix the special character issue with shares and directories below shares weren't browseable.

I'm confused now,
Maybe i'm stupid or something but i'm compiling from the linuxport branch, and you just checked in this:

[WIN32] added UNICODE support for smb browsing

Among some other checkins related to SMB

Is my assumption wrong that my building isnt using this ?
Sorry for the confusion. I only have the new files already in our svn but they aren't used in the file and directory factory.
So it's the right branch but not yet in use.
WiSo Wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I only have the new files already in our svn but they aren't used in the file and directory factory.
So it's the right branch but not yet in use.

Figured this out just after I posted the question, thanks for explaining though !
Danke
Any tests done?
How is it with you previous reported problems and the new version S4T4N?
Ok, the changes are committed to the main svn branch. Let's see if I get then more responses Cool
WiSo Wrote:Ok, the changes are committed to the main svn branch. Let's see if I get then more responses Cool

building one as we speak....

but now I have to update the bloody patch for launchplayer AGAIN.....Tongue
Upped Rev16475, this includes the changes wiso just made, please test and let him know Smile
WiSo Wrote:Thanks jester but linux branch still uses the smb client and not the new class.

Hello

The special caractere work for me and it's possible to navigate over subfolder.

Good job !

(But it's slower to enter for my shared folder , xbmc blocked +/- 10 or 15 sec. After this, navigate over folder, subfolder and file is easy. Play a File, stopping after 1 min, and xbmc blocked +/- 10 or 15 sec for return to the file.) xbmc not save the structure of the path,cache ? With xbmc 8.10 standard edition(not svn) it's very faster (perf of smb = local disk)

thank.
Yup! working now for both my friend's XP pc and my Vista pc. Awsome! Great work WiSo.

Also I agree with tosh. It is abit slower now. Realise the mouse over in the main menu is abit slower compared to your previous build. not a major issue but taught I let you know as well.
It works for me in 16475 but it is slower. The first time you try to access a share/source after you have started xbmc it takes like 20-30 seconds for it to open. After that alla subdirs are fast.

But if you move out to root, and try another "main" source/share, it takes another 20 sec.

It was way faster before.

I run Vista btw, and accessing shares on a Vista machine.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test0