• 4(current)
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test
WiSo Wrote:Please be more specific to help me fixing it. Would be nice if you could provide a debug logfile and the steps you've done and what's not working. Also some infos from your SMB setup are needed (what serves the files, how is the directory/share structure, are there any special characters used).
I need to reproduce this problems in order to fix them.

Thanks,
WiSo

i went back to build 16458, sorry not even sure how to create Debug Log file.

anyway, files are stored on server 2008 x64 platform

here is the bit from sources.xml

<source>
<name>Video Collection on NeKroServ</name>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share1E$/</path>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share2F$/</path>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share3G$/</path>
</source>

I have been using this (source) for maybe 3 years with no issues, there 3 directories combined into one.

let me know what else you might need.
Hmm..maybe this is the reason why Media Portal has such a slow shares view? Because its is using a later SMB version. Does anyone trying this out notice the SAME speed as using the old versions of SMB? Just curious. I have yet to grab some time at home to try this out.
That sounds odd as I never saw this behavior but I tested with Samba shares and WinXP shares only.
Would be nice if people could provide a new logfile with this sluggish behavior.
Another test would be to try accessing your shares from the server XBMC is running on by opening the network folder and browsing there. XBMC is using the same functionality.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for working on this. I use XBMC for streaming music and the older SMB would randomly cut off songs and skip ahead to the next track. This newer version has solved that, but now introduces a periodic hiccup in MP3's (repeats a small segment 2-3 times, like a record skipping). Anyone else noticing this behavior?
Did you try to increase the cache?
Since we use now the OS related SMB functions it should work well but ... who knows Laugh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:here is the bit from sources.xml

<source>
<name>Video Collection on NeKroServ</name>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share1E$/</path>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share2F$/</path>
<path>smb://xbox:<passwordremoved>@192.168.0.101/Share3G$/</path>
</source>

Not sure if the native smb functions can access the hidden share names. Have to try this out.
WiSo Wrote:Not sure if the native smb functions can access the hidden share names. Have to try this out.

latest build still doesn't work

log

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zymy2jgntnz
any luck fixing this issue?
Didn't had the time to look at it. I have to check if this is due to the $ in the share name or due to the stacked directories. Didn't test the multi stack scenario.
So I've tested the stacking of directories and also path with and $ at the end and both worked fine for me.

Does any of the "slow reporters" have a debug logfile?
Hopefully we can see where the time gets lost.
I've tested with 10000 dummy files in one directory and there was only a short hick up (<1s). Maybe there's something different with real video files but unfortunately I don't have such a huge list Wink
WiSo, how can you explain that is not working for me? tried 3 diffrent new builds and none of the builds with native SMB work
At the moment I can't, sorry. The log file just indicates that stacked get directory returns an error whereas it worked fine for me (XP).
Maybe it's differently on Vista.
If you have some time please test if one of those shares work and if no if it works if you remove the $.
I need it somehow to reproduce otherwise I can't fix it.
I had the same problem on Vista when i used smb with ipnumber, but if i use the computername it works, example:
<path>smb://xbox:[email protected]/D/</path> <---doesnt work
<path>smb://xbox:pass@COMPUTER1/D/</path> <---WORKS
It works with both ip and computername on the 8.10 build, but not on the latest SVN builds.
Maybe you have the same problem nekrosoft13?
using vista as server or the machine running XBMC?
I have to admit that I didn't had the change to test XBMC on Vista yet but still have to do it.
IPs and computer names are working fine on XP.
@nekrosoft13: Are you running as restricted user or admin? Is there something special with the shares/directories (junction points, shortcuts, whatever?)

Edit: Can you do a "dir /al" above your share directories?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test0