Sound delay when using 24hz, why?
I have the same issue. After over two weeks of trying to make it work with xbmc live I finally gave up and put wdtv back.

Of course after having tried xbmc now the wdtv experience is an unfortunate and sad one I might just stop watching movies until a fix is found Oo

This IS a general XBMC issue and not only windows. It even affects PLEX with exactly the same scenario (I tried both).

A/V sync is not constant throughout the movie. I noticed it's less in certain 1080p h246 mkv's than with SD (with certain SD (avi) content it drifts until it goes beyond 2 seconds after a 20-minute episode!)

60hz introduces too much jitter.
I have this issue too - TV is Panasonic Viera V10 plasma with hdmi audio out to a Denon 2309 receiver.

I am on an ASRock ION 330 with XBMCLive Camelot - and I am using the flatpanel scaling=native and composite=disable options.

Delay is pretty much consistent with 24hz material - about 150ms I make it, maybe a tad more.

I use adjust refresh rate and other material seems in sync. I can't play that sample because my reciever isn't keen on AAC I think.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I'm only having this sync issue when xbmc is in true fullscreen. In fake fullscreen the sync of 24p content is perfect.

Using:
windows 7 32bit
pana 42pz85
yamaha rx-v663
I know this post is quite old but I have the same issue no matter which revision I use.
I've tried many files, and it's not a bug with vdpau (happens with or without vdpau), nor codec (happens with xvid and h264), nor OS (Windows and Linux have this issue, haven't tried on Mac and xbox can't output 24Hz).

Automatic refresh rate is not faulty because if I set XBMC GUI to display in 24Hz and then I play a 24Hz video which has the delay, then the delay is still there. But if I play 24Hz videos in 50Hz or 60Hz then the delay is gone.

It's the same with both analog and digital audio output.

I've found some videos that are perfect, and others that have the delay. I've made a log with Windows and Linux XBMC. I've played 2 videos: the one starting with [DB] has the delay, and the one with [DB-FR] is perfectly synchronized. I hope this helps Rolleyes

Linux log: http://pastebin.com/hG1FxU4H
Windows log: http://pastebin.com/0uX2GbPC
Here is my xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/px3CWPNc

If you need a sample I can give you the torrents to download them (it's fansub).
Bier_Koerier Wrote:I'm only having this sync issue when xbmc is in true fullscreen. In fake fullscreen the sync of 24p content is perfect.

same here. false fullscreen = fine
true fullscreen = delayed.

However, false fullscreen is not reliable enough for me (see here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79186)

I'd also like to second that refresh rates other than 24hz are perfect. I have a custom 48Hz on one machine, and that's perfect too.
I'm just wondering if anyones come up with a fix?
Oh hi..

Just bought a brand new TV, and the delay is very annoying.

Right now i'm running at 24p with an audio delay of 2-250 sec, but it's not perfect.

And yes i've tried all the guides/tutorials you can show me on howto properly use your xorg.conf, the problem still remains inside xbmc.

I'm using xbmc standalone on an archlinux kernel.
greenfish Wrote:I'm using xbmc standalone on an archlinux kernel.

I think u might want to post this in the Linux section prehaps?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Any progress on this issue? I'm using Dharma 10 and the audio is still out of sync for 24p. Any patch/upgrade to fix it without a rebuild, which I'm not able to do. I find myself constantly in the audio adjustment menu. A setting that works for one show sometimes doesn't work for another. The setting varies from 150-250ms. Sometimes it makes me just want to open up VLC and watch my media that way.. No
using Win7 64Bit and Dharma 10 and the GPU assisted decoding solved it for me

Big Grin

cheers

sockenelk
sockenelk Wrote:using Win7 64Bit and Dharma 10 and the GPU assisted decoding solved it for me

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, Dharma 10 with a NVidia GT210 for hardware acceleration and I still get the issue. I've got the 250ms delay set by default for all movies, as most of my movies have the delay.

It's very annoying.
So apparently there's no fix for this yet?
Using Win 7 32 w/ATI 5670, and using the onboard optical audio out. If I could have access to the innards of XBMC I could do experiments. But maybe the support team has already done this? (one would hope)
As mentioned in another thread, I pretty much solved this by enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" in Video settings » Playback.
I was too quick. Video stutters when I set those options. I'm back to square one.
monti Wrote:I was too quick. Video stutters when I set those options. I'm back to square one.
Yea, I've tried all kinds of settings too, but nothing seems to fix it. It just looks like it's internal to the decoding engine. May not even be with XBMC per say, but with the engine it uses. I think I have a global 200ms delay set for all audio. If I ever play something other than 24p, I'm jacked and have to remove the delay, but my viewing of 24p outweighs other modes at the moment. So I'll just have to live with this "patch".
Skram0 Wrote:Yea, I've tried all kinds of settings too, but nothing seems to fix it. It just looks like it's internal to the decoding engine. May not even be with XBMC per say, but with the engine it uses. I think I have a global 200ms delay set for all audio. If I ever play something other than 24p, I'm jacked and have to remove the delay, but my viewing of 24p outweighs other modes at the moment. So I'll just have to live with this "patch".
That's what I've ended up with as well. A global delay of 220ms. This is just a workaround, though, I really hope the XBMC devs figure this one out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound delay when using 24hz, why?0