help Please...XBMC CRASHES
Hi,

I just found and installed xbmc... installed the lastest i386 version, it installed just fine automatically, it shows in my program menu list, i click on it.. it starts up, i get somethign that looks like a movie player screen,..for about 2 seconds, and then ..POOF! ITS
GONE.....

IM RUNNING:

Dell XPS INSPIRON 9100
DUAL CORE PENT 4 3.4GHZ
2 GIG FAST RAM
latest ENVY ATI DRIVER

LINUX MINT {ELYSA} version
{which is im told ubunty hardy based}

Mint runs excellent, no problems whatsoever, ALL 3D / COMPFIZ WORK FINE...

BUT XBMC JUST CROAKS... ANY IDEAS ?
Welcome to the forums. Read stickies on how to properly ask for help.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I said hello, i said please... If that isnt clear and polite enough for you, then piss off.... CHRIST, I HAVNT BEEN HERE 1 MINUITE BEFORE SOME BUTTWIPE IS TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO THINK AND SPEAK... YOU MUST BE SOME EASTERN BLOCK NAZI SUCKUP, WELL SON, HERE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS WE ARE POLITE , CONSIDERATE, AND INFORMATIVE AND WE DONT NEED YOUR BUTT TELLING US HOW TO THINK AND SPEAK...COMPRENDE HOSS ? GOOD... NOW I ASKED FOR HELP POLITELY, I PROVIDED GOOD
INFORMATION, AND I SAID PLEASE POLITELY...IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT...KISS MY RED WHITE AND BLUE AMERICAN ASS......
Wow...You are missing the point. Careful buddy... before you get banned.

I was trying to help you. The stickies mention what information we need in order to help you. You provided next to nothing useful.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
He didn't say "clear and polite" he said "proper". You can be as vague as you want and as big an ass as you want so long as you give us the info. Just expect the same in return.
Lol great way to get help telling a developer to piss off but he was refering to aside from us just plain guessing you need to provide the info we require which is explained in the stickes
Thumbs Down 
TuxCommando Wrote:I said hello, i said please... If that isnt clear and polite enough for you, then piss off....

Actually you said neither of those two things.

You also didn't tell us video driver version, you didn't tell us XBMC version - "latest" changes daily for XBMC and for video who the heck knows. You provided NO logs (pastebin!), you provided NO backtrace. You also seem to be running COMPIZ which has proven to be an issue in some cases so consider turning it off. You running Pulseaudio too? Considered maybe installing Ubuntu which is the supported distro too while you're at it? It might help if we knew what video card you were using too. The attitude isn't helping - to say the least.

Edit: On behalf of the polite and appreciative Americans that frequent this forum I apologize for his caustic and less than helpful outburst. Might as well ban him, I think he's a lost cause with that attitude. I peg him at about say 15? Tops? He acts it <sigh>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I expected to have to provide some info, and answer some questions... This is a
"help" forum.... Its not grade school, i am a nice guy but i draw the line at being told how to think or speak... When i asked for a little help,.... It was polite and kindly asked for....
And you didnt ask me for any of it....

If you had, i would have went and got it for you.....

Instead, your putting your mouth in gear before your brain has
issued an intelligent response to my request for help...

Like..." hi..we might help if you can tell us this " .......
And I guided you to look at the stickies in order to help you provide us with the information we need.

Looks like you don't know how to think, so maybe you really do need somebody to tell you how to think. You really are a moron.

" i get somethign that looks like a movie player screen,..for about 2 seconds, and then ..POOF! ITS
GONE....."

xbmc.log file please. And post it to a pastebin site. Thanks.
You know what.... I think ill try and buy a product that the people who make it
have some manners and respect for people who want to use their product...
Ill just erase the crap off my pc...

Consider the issue closed jackass
My first reply to you was perfectly polite.

"Welcome to the forums. Read stickies on how to properly ask for help."

Please tell me where I went wrong. I told you to read the stickies (which you obviously didn't). The stickies mention what details we need. It is easier to point you to the forum stickies instead of typing out what is already there.

Great job on your first 5 minutes here... Later ass.

BLKMGK Wrote:Edit: On behalf of the polite and appreciative Americans that frequent this forum I apologize for his caustic and less than helpful outburst. Might as well ban him, I think he's a lost cause with that attitude. I peg him at about say 15? Tops? He acts it <sigh>
Fuck that we may as well have some fun first Smile

EDIT: You bastards type too fast
Thumbs Down 
TuxCommando Wrote:You know what.... I think ill try and buy a product that the people who make it
have some manners and respect for people who want to use their product...
Ill just erase the crap off my pc...

Consider the issue closed jackass

By all means go BUY something. XBMC is free and written by volunteers from around the world in their spare time and you act like you somehow DESERVE something. You are also too thick to understand that you were not polite, didn't actually say PLEASE anywhere, and couldn't be bothered to read the rather detailed troubleshooting posting that was created for just such occasions. Instead you shot your mouth off and frankly we're better off if you simply leave us alone instead of whining.No

Edit: BTW, where exactly did anyone tell this twit what to THINK? WTFO?!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help Please...XBMC CRASHES1