Karaoke (MP3+CDG) is Back!
Thumbs Up 
Just a quick shout of thanks to who ever put the Karaoke back. My wife would not let me retire the original XBOX until XBMC for Windows had this feature. She sings in a Choir and uses this to practice.

This is working perfectly in REV 16555 but you may have to build it yourself if you want it before the next official build.

Keith
This is HUGE for me, thanks for the update!
thats why i'm building Wink
Thanks Jester for the builds.

In testing 16647 build, I could find no way to speed up or slow down the visualization like in the original XBMC. I now find that the visual part of the karaoke is ahead of the music. Is there something that I am missing?
what is this karaoke function? can it do MP3+G ?
What type of files do i need for Karaoke i would love this feature.
What mic setup(s) are you guys using for this on the PC? Ive been playing with the USB logitech mic a bit without much luck in getting sound out unless I am using a recording piece of software.
roeroe yes.
AaronG85. There is an online manual you know...
"Karaoke CDG-file display for music files with audio-visualization overlay support"

I am also seeing the visuals a little bit quicker than the music itself on these. Would love to see a delay setting in the viz. Hell even a delay/reverb in the audio would be great. Since my household sucks at singing Smile
SlaveUnit Wrote:roeroe yes.
AaronG85. There is an online manual you know...
"Karaoke CDG-file display for music files with audio-visualization overlay support"

I am also seeing the visuals a little bit quicker than the music itself on these. Would love to see a delay setting in the viz. Hell even a delay/reverb in the audio would be great. Since my household sucks at singing Smile

Awesome Smile ..the wife will like this.
I got a very decent karaoke setup (PA stuff) and always wanted XBMC or media portal do MP3+G so I can put away all the CD+G disc.

Download and test it out tonight on the PA system
there is a delay setting but it was behaving funky last time i played with this so it was hidden. you can still use it though; <karaokesyncdelay> in advancesettings.xml. no idea what it will do (if anything though) but have a play
Yeah thanks....Ill play with the delay. Still trying to figure out a solution for a MIC. I dont have a full PA in my living room. Just a normal Denon receiver and the HTPC outputting via optical and HDMI.

Trying to figure out if I can loop it through my receiver or something. Not really sure yet...
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yeah thanks....Ill play with the delay. Still trying to figure out a solution for a MIC. I dont have a full PA in my living room. Just a normal Denon receiver and the HTPC outputting via optical and HDMI.

Trying to figure out if I can loop it through my receiver or something. Not really sure yet...

Get yourself a mixer ..plug the mic and your amp out sound to the mixer.
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/m...index.html
I got the MG124CX Mixer
mixer also take care of your digital effect, reverb, delay etc...
Actually I got it to with just by plugging a mic into a XLR to 1/4 inch wire. Then put on an 1/8 inch adapter and into a 6 foot female-to-male extension cable for saftey of pulling the 1/8 inch out of the sound card. Then into the sound card. The sound card acts like the preamp by enabling the +20db boost. Effects are taken care of on the sound card controls. When movie play within XBMC it mutes the mic. I dont know how but Im happy it does. Things seemed to work out nicely. My card is uing only the optical output out and the mic input. Its nuts the stuff you can have laying around from doing live sound for years.
Not to kill the mixer suggestion but arent all those Yamahas a bit of an overkill. I mean you only need 2 channels right? And maybe an AUX SEND if you happen to have an effects processor. If you go the mixer router on this might want to save some mone yand get a cheap Behringer for arounf $50. I think those Yahmahas cost more than that. Just my thoughts for saving some cash.

http://www.behringer.com/MX602A/index.cfm?lang=ENG
SlaveUnit Wrote:Not to kill the mixer suggestion but arent all those Yamahas a bit of an overkill. I mean you only need 2 channels right? And maybe an AUX SEND if you happen to have an effects processor. If you go the mixer router on this might want to save some mone yand get a cheap Behringer for arounf $50. I think those Yahmahas cost more than that. Just my thoughts for saving some cash.

[url]http://www.behringer.com/MX602A
/index.cfm?lang=ENG[/url]

Yeah my mixer is a little over kill for PC setup but just an example.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke (MP3+CDG) is Back!0