• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Revision3 (Video) Addon
(2012-11-23, 04:05)VeNeM Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 03:51)Pednick Wrote: Anyone else's videos not playing all of sudden?

only some, check some of the videos from earlier in the week. destructoid is the one ive noticed is having the most probs (for me anyway). some vids play, some wont. even some ive already watched. i did notice that this started happening after some updates went through. funny, the youtube plugin now works but now rev3 doesnt D:

Thanks for reporting the issue. If you ever have an issue with the addon, please submit a debug log and be more specific on what videos aren't playing.

I was able to locate the problem. One of the dependency libraries that this addon uses recently updated and made a few changes. The changes caused the addon to break. I will try to post an update by the end of the weekend.
(2012-11-23, 20:00)stacked Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 04:05)VeNeM Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 03:51)Pednick Wrote: Anyone else's videos not playing all of sudden?

only some, check some of the videos from earlier in the week. destructoid is the one ive noticed is having the most probs (for me anyway). some vids play, some wont. even some ive already watched. i did notice that this started happening after some updates went through. funny, the youtube plugin now works but now rev3 doesnt D:

Thanks for reporting the issue. If you ever have an issue with the addon, please submit a debug log and be more specific on what videos aren't playing.

I was able to locate the problem. One of the dependency libraries that this addon uses recently updated and made a few changes. The changes caused the addon to break. I will try to post an update by the end of the weekend.

Thank you, with me it was destructoid videos were getting script errors and othe show videos weren't playing at all. Big Grin
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2012-11-24, 03:33)Pednick Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 20:00)stacked Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 04:05)VeNeM Wrote: only some, check some of the videos from earlier in the week. destructoid is the one ive noticed is having the most probs (for me anyway). some vids play, some wont. even some ive already watched. i did notice that this started happening after some updates went through. funny, the youtube plugin now works but now rev3 doesnt D:

Thank you, with me it was destructoid videos were getting script errors and othe show videos weren't playing at all. Big Grin

Was just about to post a log, but I see someone beat me to it. Destructoid and Breaking It Down throw script errors, while Diggnation and Ben Heck play fine.
(2012-11-26, 03:34)silentbob343 Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 03:33)Pednick Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 20:00)stacked Wrote: Thanks for reporting the issue. If you ever have an issue with the addon, please submit a debug log and be more specific on what videos aren't playing.

Was just about to post a log, but I see someone beat me to it. Destructoid and Breaking It Down throw script errors, while Diggnation and Ben Heck play fine.

I just posted an update. If you have my repo installed, Rev3 should have updated. The update will be on the official repo soon.
(2012-11-26, 10:31)stacked Wrote: I just posted an update. If you have my repo installed, Rev3 should have updated. The update will be on the official repo soon.

Appreciate the update, mate. It's probably the most used video addon I have on my system; got to have my fix of Destructoid, Ben Heck and PDF show. Just had a quick question though. I have the video quality set in the addon settings but the addon keeps asking me which stream quality I want every time I play a video. I'm not sure where this crept in but I don't remember this happening before. Any way we could get this fixed?

(2012-11-29, 09:46)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-11-26, 10:31)stacked Wrote: I just posted an update. If you have my repo installed, Rev3 should have updated. The update will be on the official repo soon.

Appreciate the update, mate. It's probably the most used video addon I have on my system; got to have my fix of Destructoid, Ben Heck and PDF show. Just had a quick question though. I have the video quality set in the addon settings but the addon keeps asking me which stream quality I want every time I play a video. I'm not sure where this crept in but I don't remember this happening before. Any way we could get this fixed?

I was able to reproduce that bug. I think it's the way Frodo handles the addon settings. For now, reset the addon settings to defaults and try playing a video. Make sure the quality setting is set to MP4:HD.
(2012-11-29, 18:02)stacked Wrote: I was able to reproduce that bug. I think it's the way Frodo handles the addon settings. For now, reset the addon settings to defaults and try playing a video. Make sure the quality setting is set to MP4:HD.

Thanks mate. That sorted everything out. Appreciate the help.

Hi. Thanks for a great plugin. I have xbmc eden stable installed on my windows 7 pc. Before I was able to navigate backwards in time to view older episodes by selecting the last line in the episode list. Can't remember the exact phrase, but perhaps it was "Next page (2)" or something. Now when I for example enter the Tekzilla show that opportunity is gone. No matter what show you browse you can't bring upp older episodes rather than those in the first list. I really like to have have that opportunity back. Maybe it is a bug caused by an update of a core component in xbmc. /paerola
(2013-01-01, 21:08)paerola Wrote: Hi. Thanks for a great plugin. I have xbmc eden stable installed on my windows 7 pc. Before I was able to navigate backwards in time to view older episodes by selecting the last line in the episode list. Can't remember the exact phrase, but perhaps it was "Next page (2)" or something. Now when I for example enter the Tekzilla show that opportunity is gone. No matter what show you browse you can't bring upp older episodes rather than those in the first list. I really like to have have that opportunity back. Maybe it is a bug caused by an update of a core component in xbmc. /paerola

I just made some changes to the addon a few days ago and I believe that issue was fixed. Im going to push an update today or tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit:
Version 2.0.12/3.0.12

- Version bump for frodo
- Fixed video settings issue
- Fixed fanart issue
- Fixed 'access_voilation' errors
- Fixed 'TypeError' in get_video
- Fixed ascii errors during search
- Fixed missing 'Next Page' folder
The option to disable default view in confluence is missing in the new release and it is forcing me to use "media info 3" for the show list and "media info 2" for the episode list. Thanks.
(2013-01-01, 21:36)stacked Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 21:08)paerola Wrote: Hi. Thanks for a great plugin. I have xbmc eden stable installed on my windows 7 pc. Before I was able to navigate backwards in time to view older episodes by selecting the last line in the episode list. Can't remember the exact phrase, but perhaps it was "Next page (2)" or something. Now when I for example enter the Tekzilla show that opportunity is gone. No matter what show you browse you can't bring upp older episodes rather than those in the first list. I really like to have have that opportunity back. Maybe it is a bug caused by an update of a core component in xbmc. /paerola

I just made some changes to the addon a few days ago and I believe that issue was fixed. Im going to push an update today or tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit:
Version 2.0.12/3.0.12

- Version bump for frodo
- Fixed video settings issue
- Fixed fanart issue
- Fixed 'access_voilation' errors
- Fixed 'TypeError' in get_video
- Fixed ascii errors during search
- Fixed missing 'Next Page' folder

Got the update today. The "Next Page" folder is back in the list. Thanks for quick action.
Just a quick question, does the HAK5 part only go back to season 4? I was trying to see if I could view a season 3 episode but had no luck.
(2013-01-11, 21:08)Mystex Wrote: Just a quick question, does the HAK5 part only go back to season 4? I was trying to see if I could view a season 3 episode but had no luck.

The addon pulls content from the Revision3.com website. So whatever is listed on the website should be on the addon.
(2013-01-12, 01:52)stacked Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 21:08)Mystex Wrote: Just a quick question, does the HAK5 part only go back to season 4? I was trying to see if I could view a season 3 episode but had no luck.

The addon pulls content from the Revision3.com website. So whatever is listed on the website should be on the addon.

That explains it, just compared Revision3's site to the Hak5 site and Revision3 only goes back to season 4.
destructoid doesnt work as of 2 episodes ago
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Revision3 (Video) Addon3