• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Revision3 (Video) Addon
(2013-03-27, 02:46)darkreign Wrote: Ok until this is fixed, i've created a user account at revision3.com and via the user preferences favorites section generated a custom rss feed.

Then used the url provided to add revision3 as a video source in sources.xml like this:

Code:
<source>
            <name>RSS Revision3</name>
            <path pathversion="1">rss://revision3.com/feed/user/myhexid</path>
</source>

Hope this workaround helps other Rev3 addicts Smile

Thanks for the workaround Ive set this up until the plugin is fixed. Much easier than downloading to a file share to watch in the lounge.
Smile
(2013-03-27, 03:00)DrowningApe Wrote: I wonder if this is related to the launch of the Xbox app? Any revision 3 employees on the forum know if this is deliberate?

It wasn't deliberate. Since the addon is based on the Revision3 website, the addon stopped working after the website was updated.

(2013-03-27, 12:37)darkreign Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 07:28)stacked Wrote: Thanks for reporting this issue everyone. The Revision3 website recently went through major changes. I'm planning on completely rewriting the addon this week.

Great, thanks for your hard work, this is probably my most used addon. Are you going to stick with scraping the html or change to parsing the xml?

Hopefully, I won't be scraping the Revision3 website anymore. One of the Revision3 web developers contacted me yesterday and offered me to use their API for the addon. So the new addon would be based on their new JSON API.
Great to see you are working on this stacked, it's definitely my most used video streaming app. At least I'll have loads to catch up on when it returns.

I hope the api allows for greater access to some rev channels etc.
The iPad app for example is truly appalling, it's diabolical. Scraping the site was a far more pleasurable experience than using the god awful iPad app!

Who ever wrote that thing wants firing and you want hiring Big Grin
Great news. Like the previous poster this is one if my most frequently used addons. I'm glad to hear the tech is improving, there would sometimes be a delay of a few days before a video posted on the rev3 site would show up on the addon.
Add me to the list of Revision3 frequent users Smile
So thank you in advance for the rewrite/refactoring work, and I hope we can test the new version soon.
(2013-03-28, 20:27)bitbanger Wrote: Add me to the list of Revision3 frequent users Smile
So thank you in advance for the rewrite/refactoring work, and I hope we can test the new version soon.

Same here looking forward to testing out the new version.
Yes. I miss me some Tekzilla and Veronica Belmont!

I await eagerly.
..and I miss Diggnation and Totally Rad Show, oh wait...

Seriously though, I watch Rev3 shows/clips daily, downloading Tekzilla and searching youtube isn't the same.Sad
(2013-03-29, 16:05)spyder Wrote: ..and I miss Diggnation and Totally Rad Show, oh wait...

Seriously though, I watch Rev3 shows/clips daily, downloading Tekzilla and searching youtube isn't the same.Sad

Absolutely, diggnation and TRS were AWESOME! As far as I can see there is no show to replace them, the closest is side strollers but those guys aren't funny, are obnoxious, depressing and unenthusiastic. I used to split my sides at Digg and TRS and really felt like they were friends popping round for a laugh Smile

Off topic:
Does anyone know of any shows that are similar to TRS and Digg, even some YouTube channels I should know bout?

I do enjoy many other rev3 shows such as PDS/film state/tekzilla/HDnation etc but since those big shows left I feel like its back to just bite sized 3 minute low budget YouTube shows Sad ... I miss "what is that" etc Rofl

Back on topic:
@stacked
Will we see a continuous play option? For example, on line you can pick an episode and it will move on to the next one automatically when complete? Any chance of this feature so I don't have to press buttons very 3mins Smile
(2013-03-29, 16:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: I used to split my sides at Digg and TRS and really felt like they were friends popping round for a laugh Smile
^This, exactly this. I've never laughed as hard as I did while watching these.
As far as similar shows, there is 4 Points with Alex Albrecht and Allison Haislip(similar to Digg), not as good but has it's moments. I'm not sure if it's coming back though(been a while since last episode).
Since the plugin is broken at the moment, I found a work around(if you have Plex Media Server on your PC). Install the revision3 plugin on Plex, and then install the PleXBMC plugin and then you should be able to watch the Revision3 shows. That is how I am watching Tekzilla this morning, like I watch every Saturday morning. Hope this helps out.
Until it gets fixed I have an iPad and an Xbox both of which can stream Rev3. Now I'm not saying that's the answer for everyone just that is what I'm doing until its fixed
You'd think as much as this app is shown on Tekzilla the guys at Rev3 would have given us a heads up.
(2013-04-01, 05:30)locoguano Wrote: You'd think as much as this app is shown on Tekzilla the guys at Rev3 would have given us a heads up.

Checkout the latest episode @ 9:00. Patrick talks about the new Revision3 website and the XBMC problems.
http://revision3.com/tekzilla/tmobile-no...cts-iphone

I just rolled out an update. If you already installed Revision3 on XBMC, it should automatically update. If not, head over to Videos > Video add-ons > Get More > Revision3.

Just a heads up, with the new API, there are two known issues: 1) daily/extra "shows" are mixed with regular shows 2) some archived shows are missing episodes. Please report any other issues or errors.

@PatrickBateman, I didn't have time to add the "play all" feature. Maybe by the next update. I was able to add "Networks".

I would like to create icons that match the new Revision3 website theme. If anyone is skilled in graphic design or has the free time, please let me know.

Version 3.0.13

- Updated addon to support recent Revision3 changes
- Switch to Revision3 v0.1 API
- Removed broken search function
- Added Networks and Featured directory
- Added new icons (Credits to calincio)
- Added optional information to addon.xml
I think I love you in ways that i only thought I'd love my wife Laugh

Thanks for bringing this back to us with these new features, so quickly!
Looking outward to the "play all" feature in the coming weeks.

Rep added!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Revision3 (Video) Addon3