lost audio on full screen
Guys,
This just happened yesterday out of the blue. When XBMC runs in full screen there is no audio at all. However in windowed mode everything is fine. I'm running an Asus P5E-VM HDMI that's connected to my screen via an HDMI cable.
There are no audio issues with any other applications.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I'll bet you wont get much help without a log.
how do i get the log?
vyaron Wrote:how do i get the log?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
I apologize for being an annoying newbie. Here is some more information to complete my question:
1. XBMC Ver. 8.10 (Compiled Nov. 13th 2008)
2. Skin Mediastream 0.97 (although the problem persisted when using other skins)
3. OS = Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit
4. Video/Sound card = Intel G35
5. Whenever starting or switching to full screen all sound is lost
6. Debug log http://pastebin.com/m713c1f10

thanks!!
do this...
a) uninstall all traces of XBMC (go into Documents & Settings and delete any XBMC folders)
b) download latest build, install
c) see if problem occurs
d) post log if problem still occurs otherwise, enjoy xbmc.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
After I did as suggested sound did return only to disappear again when I switched to the Mediastream skin (ver 0.97). When I switched back to PM3.HD sound returned. So apperantly the problem is with the Mediastream skin.

Another new phenomenon is that after the LCD is switched off (and on) sound disappears again until the computer is rebooted. This also happens only in XBMC.

Any advice? Thanks!
vyaron Wrote:After I did as suggested sound did return only to disappear again when I switched to the Mediastream skin (ver 0.97). When I switched back to PM3.HD sound returned. So apperantly the problem is with the Mediastream skin.

Another new phenomenon is that after the LCD is switched off (and on) sound disappears again until the computer is rebooted. This also happens only in XBMC.

Any advice? Thanks!

no clue (didnt look at your logs) maybe try the newer mediastream skin (i think the released v1.0)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lost audio on full screen0