Is this hardware setup good enuff for Aeon?
I realize that AEON is a lil' more intensive, but will this CPU and motherboard combo suffice running mkv files at 1080P? I apologize if this question is very similar to running XBMC in general, but I wasn't sure if it would make a difference on AEON.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2
ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131324
  • integraged HDMI
  • integrated optical sound
  • CPU + PSU + motherboard (with sound and video) = $173

I already have XBMC loaded on an XBOX, but was thinking about building a simple HTPC since there's a good deal for the processor and PSU for $85 on bensbargains.net.
Just found a better motherboard that has an onboard NVIDIA for video instead of the ATI that I posted AND has a rebate ($50).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813128340
GIGABYTE GA-M78SM-S2H AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8 series
it will make no difference if running with PM3 HD or Aeon. Especially while playing a video.
The Mainboard is a good one and the CPU should be fine for 1080p! Which PSU? Don't buy a cheap "no name". They are loud and do not have the power they claim to have.
rPi3/libreELEC | oDroidC2/libreELEC | DENON AVRX2200WBKE2 7.1 | Panasonic TX-P46GW10
I figured video playback would probably be the same, but was just concerned with AEON running slowly while I navigated through the menus and the GUI. When I loaded AEON lite on my XBOX, I remember it acting dog slow so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have a problem if I built a custom HTPC.

The bensbargains.net deal for $85 ($65 for the processor and $20 for the PSU)
  • # AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model ADV60000DOBOX - Retail
  • # Antec earthwatts EA430 430W ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

How does that sound? I haven't built a PC in years so I am willing to freely admit many of you are a lot more up to date than I am.
sounds good to me. That will have no problem running aeon. As long as you have open gl 2.0 and at least a gig of ram you should be fine. I don't know how the cpu will measure up to the core 2s but I think it should do most if not all 1080p mkvs.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I think _djh should get money of all the companies which profit of the users who buy a new HTPC to use Aeon xD. Nice work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this hardware setup good enuff for Aeon?0