zotac 630i itx with HDMI audio
Hi, I am planning to build an HTPC. As I live in Turkey, my options are somewhat limited. I am considering to use the Zotac 630i itx motherboard. Its price is reasonable, it is NVIDIA based and i will install a decent C2D (didnt decide which one yet) on it.

In the manual, it is stated that the board supports HDMI audio but it only features a DVI port and according to wikipedia, DVI only carries video signals which confuses me. My question is: is this a non-standard feature which might not be compatible some devices. I am planning to connect my HTPC to an AV receiver using HDMI port and wish to carry both audio and video with an HDMI cable.

Thanks in advance.
the nvidia 630i chipset supports HDMI audio, but the Zotac 630i itx motherboard does not. Best you can get from it is DVI video and 2-ch analog audio.
I also suspected so. I guess I will just forget about itx. Thx for reply.
I wouldn't stray away from the Zotac motherboard quite that fast. I own two of these and find them to be quite a "nifty" little board. Depending on which revision you get, they do come with an spdif header which could be used for digital audio over toslink or coax. I know you were looking for hdmi, but two cables isn't that bad. I believe the newer ones with wifi do not have the header. Check it out, they are fairly cheap for an itx. Cheers!
I have this board. BIOS settings have an option for "HDMI Audio: Enable/Disable"

I guess your guys may have not heard, but just because a mobo has DVI (and comes with an HDMI adapter) doesnt mean that it can't do HDMI audio. Actually a lot of the DVI ports are ready for "HDMI audio out" when using the included DVI->HDMI adapter.

Page 36 and 37 of the Zotac nForce 630i-ITX motherboard manual
I have this board and am trying to do audio over the DVI->HDMI.
I did my initial testing in my home office plugged into my DVI monitor. I assumed when I moved it out to my living room with HDMI flat screen that if audio over HDMI failed, I could just run line out into my TV. Was I wrong.
I've got the problem where video plays very fast. I don't get why. Anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix?

I played with turning on/off audio over DVI in the bios...changed the digital/analog settings in XBMC. Tried providing HDMI as the output device in XBMC...no luck.

Thanks
Scott
Success.
I went back and forth a few times...Live....Linux....ended back on Live.

I have the Zotac 630i board with Nvidia 7100.
I left Live and went to Linux (Ubuntu) to see if I could get HDMI Audio. Once I did, I was still fighting the right video resolution. I tried to load the latest Nvidia drivers and I ended up hosing my video altogether. Out of frustration I went back to Live and was able to pretty quickly get HDMI Audio going using this script (upgrade to Alsa 1.0.19).
On Live...I had a problem where the / partition was too small to house the required source. So I modified the script to use a different partition.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...ost6589810

Then...I made a .asoundrc to use the hdmi path....make sure you unmute the hdmi in alsamixer.
Then...in XBMC, select digital and default/default. By the way...I get navigation sounds via HDMI to my TV as well.

Hope this helps.
I would wait for the ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...Itemid=483

It's due to be released any day now.
I wanted to wait for that but just too anxious. I plan on building a few more machines as I save some $. I built this for my son's playroom (32" flat panel)...so we can access videos/music on my NAS.

Also...was a little worried about driver availability on a brand new board....especially with "Live". Worst I'm out is $60 or so for this board and a little time to switch out for a new one.

Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zotac 630i itx with HDMI audio0