Add XBMC Lyrics to a specific button
Hello.

First, i would like to thank everyone for their time and effort making the best media player out there. No one mentioned, no one forgotten.

I really enjoy lyrics with my music, but i think it's complicated to get the lyrics on the screen. I would like to assign a button, say "D", to be my lyrics-button. That means, when i play a song and press "D" on my keyboard, the lyrics will automatically come up on the screen.

I guess that this means that you have to make a shortcut to C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py but i do not have the skills to make this on my own.

Is this possible in any way?

Regards
H29
_HTPC_: Zalman HD XT 160 Plus incl. 7" LCD / Intel E8400 / Intel X-25 SSD / Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H / 4 GB Corsair DDR 800 mhz / 6TB HDD / ASUS XONAR DS / Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p / Logitec DiNovo Mini/ _LAPTOP_: Sony Vaio TZ31 / MTron 1.8" SSD / _TV_: Samsung 52" FullHD LCD / _RECIEVER_AND_SURROUND_: Harman Kardon 245 5.1 / _ROUTER_: DLink DIR-655 / _INTERNET_AND_ISP__ Telia 100/100mbit / _DOG_ Miniature Schnauzer
Anything is possible with XBMC.

I did the exact thing a few months back for my remote.

Edit the keymap.xml. Find the approriate section in which you want to add your button (Mymusic for example) then edit, or add the D (don't know if it's used already)
And then I used: XBMC.RunScript(q:\\scripts\xbmc lyrics\default.py) (this was on the xbox, I'm new to the windowsplatform, so the syntax for the path may be incorrect.)

Hope this helps you.
Joy In Repitition
Thank you for your try, but i can't get it to work.

I edited the keymap.xml, so now, under MyMusicFiles it looks like this:

<keyboard>
<space>Playlist</space>
<q>Queue</q>
XBMC.RunScript<d>C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py</d>
</keyboard>
</MyMusicFiles>

Still, when i play a song and press D, nothing happens.

Regards
H29
_HTPC_: Zalman HD XT 160 Plus incl. 7" LCD / Intel E8400 / Intel X-25 SSD / Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H / 4 GB Corsair DDR 800 mhz / 6TB HDD / ASUS XONAR DS / Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p / Logitec DiNovo Mini/ _LAPTOP_: Sony Vaio TZ31 / MTron 1.8" SSD / _TV_: Samsung 52" FullHD LCD / _RECIEVER_AND_SURROUND_: Harman Kardon 245 5.1 / _ROUTER_: DLink DIR-655 / _INTERNET_AND_ISP__ Telia 100/100mbit / _DOG_ Miniature Schnauzer
<d>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py)</d>

Should be like this.
Thank you so much Waffa. I missed that and when adjusted, it works like a charm!

Thank you all for contributing to XBMC!

Regards
H29
I have the same issue under windows:
Subtitels using a Keyboard and I want to map it to F11 but it does not work

Any sugestions? the script does work under the script menu

Keymap:

<f11>XBMC.RunScript(C:\WINXP\Program Files XP\XBMC\scripts\OpenSubtitles\default.py)</f11>
Thats my fault cause I hard coded F11 to switch full screen. Removed it in #16946 as alt+enter does the same.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
idioteque Wrote:I have the same issue under windows:
Subtitels using a Keyboard and I want to map it to F11 but it does not work

Any sugestions? the script does work under the script menu

Keymap:

<f11>XBMC.RunScript(C:\WINXP\Program Files XP\XBMC\scripts\OpenSubtitles\default.py)</f11>

Try another button
Example: insert

<insert>XBMC.RunScript(C:\WINXP\Program Files XP\XBMC\scripts\OpenSubtitles\default.py)</insert>

<f11> Don't use numbers.(1=one) I think.
Don't now proper name.
I think is the hardcoding that was wrong. Cause F1-F10 work perfectly.

Thanks for the advice, I will try using insert when at home
Heaven29 Wrote:Hello.

First, i would like to thank everyone for their time and effort making the best media player out there. No one mentioned, no one forgotten.

I really enjoy lyrics with my music, but i think it's complicated to get the lyrics on the screen. I would like to assign a button, say "D", to be my lyrics-button. That means, when i play a song and press "D" on my keyboard, the lyrics will automatically come up on the screen.

I guess that this means that you have to make a shortcut to C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py but i do not have the skills to make this on my own.

Is this possible in any way?

Regards
H29

May I know where i get this script from?
Heaven29 Wrote:Thank you for your try, but i can't get it to work.

I edited the keymap.xml, so now, under MyMusicFiles it looks like this:

<keyboard>
<space>Playlist</space>
<q>Queue</q>
XBMC.RunScript<d>C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py</d>
</keyboard>
</MyMusicFiles>

Still, when i play a song and press D, nothing happens.

Regards
H29

In my keymap.xml files (for default skin and for transperency) where empty or not even present till I created them. What is the full snipit of code used?

Or, am I creating/editing the wrong file?
Deliberate mistake? The line:

should be:

<d>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py)</d>

As you found, the keymap.xml does not exist until you create it. Strictly speaking you should call the file keyboard.xml not keymap.xml, though actually XBMC doesn't care what it's called and will read it anyway. If you enable debug logging, the log will tell you whether your keymap.xml is being read correctly and what XBMC does when you press d.

JR

JR
I added <a>RunScript(script.cu.lyrics)</a> to my keymap XML-file in the Visualisation-part, to bring up the CU Lyrics when pressing a. To my understanding this should work on all operating systems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add XBMC Lyrics to a specific button0