errors during video playback
Dear all,

im running xbmc in fedora 8..im having some issue during my video playback..i tried played mpg, mpg4. mkv and ts also..the problem that im facing is no sound and the movie frame are moving superfast (example how the movie will play if u do fast forward).
when i press stop the xbmc is crash n return to fedora8 wth this error.

++ WARN: could not retrieve file info for `image.nrg': No such file or directory
++ WARN: can't open nrg image file image.nrg for reading
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream.
xbmc.bin: pcm_pulse.c:115: pulse_stop: Assertion `pcm->stream' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

just for ur info the sound is functioning if i played music using xbmc..

thanks,
regards,
R.Shankar
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds weird pulseaudio asserts, please read through this.

As your music works which should use pulseaudio aswell, your channel setup might be funky. A Debug Log will validate this.

You can always try ./configure --disable-pulse as that will disable pulseaudio support, but I would like a debug log before you try this. I fear your fedora might be to old with old pulseaudio.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
hai this is my pulseaudio version

[root@192-168-1-144 projectM]# rpm -qa | grep pulse
pulseaudio-module-gconf-0.9.8-5.fc8
pulseaudio-libs-glib2-0.9.7-0.17.svn20071017.fc8
pulseaudio-module-x11-0.9.8-5.fc8
gstreamer-plugins-pulse-0.9.5-0.4.svn20070924.fc8
pulseaudio-utils-0.9.8-5.fc8
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.14-5.fc8
pulseaudio-libs-0.9.8-5.fc8
pulseaudio-0.9.8-5.fc8
pulseaudio-core-libs-0.9.8-5.fc8
pulseaudio-esound-compat-0.9.8-5.fc8

ho do i enable the debug log..and where i can view all the error logs during xbmc is running..i try manually play mplayer in my system using pulse its can play nicely n have sound as well.

thanks
Were you can find the debug log says clearly in the How-to post a problem post I linked to earlier...
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I uninstalled pulse audio on my Fedora 8 & 9 installs to resolve the same issue you are having.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
errors during video playback0