How to make Library index movies with RARs?
Hi, I have been using XBMC for some years, but I must admit that I never tried this library function.

Now I've started using it, and I have added folder.jpg and movie.nfo to all my folders, but I was quite disappointed when it did not find movies that is in format My.Movie.DVDrip.Xvid-Group\CD1 etc
I tried inserting a folder.jpg into My.Movie.DVDrip.Xvid-Group and a movie.nfo into it, but XBMC still do not find that movie, since it does not contain a movie file in that dir.

I know I could search based upon dirname, but it's not the same. I get a lot of incorrect results.

What to do? I have hundreds of folders like this, and I would not like to extract the movies, as I like having RARs to ensure consistancy of the files.
Make sure transparent archives is turned on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i had some other problems concerning enabling transparent archives. i cant remember what right now, but there was a reason for me not to have it enabled.

i wish there was some kind of better control over this, instead of making it all go auto. and how do transparent archives work anyways when you have a CD1 and CD2 subfolder?
If transparent archives are on, the cd1/cd2 folders are stacked down, and you're left with the rars inside the folder (as far as the scanner is concerned), and thus the nfo stuff will probably function as desired.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

either you want it (setting on) or you don't (setting off). with the setting on it works just as announced - the archives are transparent - hence it is just as if the movie files was in the cd1/cd2 folders.

if there are issues, those should be fixed instead of inventing all kinds of options to workaround problems. but in any case, those issues would most likely not be related to having rarred files anyways
I don't get it. I have the following structure:
Che.Part.One.2008.DVDRiP.READNFO.XViD-RUSTLE\CD1\
Che.Part.One.2008.DVDRiP.READNFO.XViD-RUSTLE\CD2\

Where do I put the scraping?
I have enabled
- Threat stacked files a single file
- Make archives with one file transparent

But where do I put the movie scraper information, so I can press play on the parent dir (Che.Part.One.2008.DVDRiP.READNFO.XViD-RUSTLE) ?

I've tried putting into CD1, but then it wont display the correct icon for the parent dir.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make Library index movies with RARs?0