[WINDOWS] XBMC LCD/VFD support working using "LCDHype" software
Thumbs Up 
here you can find a script i wrote to interface XBMC to LCDHype

I did't test it extensively, but it seems to work as intended, just put the two files in LCDHype scripts folder and load XBMC.sd (after having enabled the xbmc web server on port 80 without password) and see Smile
the Clock code is not mine, it's taken from a script on lcdhype page, thanks to pukka_parker and acesso

p.s. of course i take no responsibility if it blows your pc's Big Grin
Hi
What size of display is this made for?
I can only get info to display all the other selections are blank also blank on the sample window on lcd hype.

Am I doing something wrong?

Very promising tho!

Regards

Andy
i see, it's done for a 16x2 display (mine)... if you have something different, it can be modified to show more lines and more rows if necessary

edit... no, i noticed that after touching the clock only the first line is drawn... going to see the code again Smile
ok, this is the script without the clock

it cycles through weather info, current screen info and version info until a file is played, when playing it cycles file info and one of the others... in my display all the screens are filled (now), 16 columns x 2 rows, but can be easily modified for larger/taller screens
This looks promising. What kind of display did you use? Which are supported?

Would an iMon VFD work with this?

Thanks.
the support depends on lcdhype supporting the vfd... i think here you can find the imon driver plugin for lcdhype, so, it should work Smile
Thanks for your reply.
Found that one 2, but I also read that it would not work on newer versions of the display software. That plugin is 3 years old, according to the post.

But I will give it a try soon. Have to build and setup the htpc case first.
Succo
Did you manage to find a fix for the Big Clock ..really liked it when it worked Smile

Andy
no, sorry... posted on lcdhype forum too but it seems to kill the second line of output, so no big clock for now
so for a 20x2 panel I'll just look for 16s and replace them? That site is hard as shit to get through, lol
Succo
Ok no Big clock no biggie.
One other thing I edited the script so that when a video is playing my lcd just shows video title and current time no other items in the list ie weather ect
Problem is it displays the info fine but wont update the time or title, If I run xbmc windowed and keep clicking on the info pane in lcd hype updates are carried out ok is there a way to refresh the info page every second?

Andy
Succo
Accidentally loaded the xbmc script with the big clock and it worked ok??
Cant work out what I did different so rebooted the machine and tried again and its broken!
Must be something minor ...was messing with other scripts before hand.

Andy
Me again Smile
If the big clock script is loaded and you got the lcd settings in lcd hype and change the panel setting a full clock appears but only until the script is reloade then the problem appears again.
Think it must be a problem with the irtrans.dll in lcd hype.

The bigger problem is that after lcd hype runs for a while it locks up and crashes the irserver.exe (part of the irtrans software) resulting in constant 50% usage on dual core and has to be shutdown and restarted.This makes it unfortunately makes it unusable with xbmc as it stops the remote as well.

Are you having any lockup issues?

Andy
yes, i noticed the same... the most annoying thing is that it breaks the remote control... btw, on lcdhype forum they told me to increase the timeout for lcdhype, but it crashed the same on me

anyway, i switched back (again) to linux when i saw that newer drivers had support for hdmi audio on my hardware (even if somehow it's not currently working), so i'm not currently working on windows as (as far as i can see) windows support for xbmc is somehow lower than linux (with the lcdproc and mythtv and lirc integration to say three Smile )
I had tried linux but when I had it installed I had no audio (optical or hdmi)
and the VFD still failed to work.
Is there a lot of extra suff to be setup after installing linux as I have never used it but it seems a lot less user friendly compared to windows.

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC LCD/VFD support working using "LCDHype" software0