MS MCE receiver + XBOX 360 MCE control = working?
im thinking on installing 8.04 for my build and i already have the xbox 360's MCE remote and was wondering if the original MS MCE reciever will be compatible with 8.04 and XBMC using this receiver.

Those two pictured there? Heck YES! I have two of those with slightly different revisions - they work well. When you setup Lirc look for Windows MCE as a config down near the bottom. Try one of those and if it's not working and won't respond to irw in a console then try the other config. Smile The Myth Wiki has some advice on this too...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
thanks for the reply! what i meant was will the xbox 360's MCE controller:

work with the receiver above? i think it might be compatible since both are microsoft MCE products.
I think it will be worth a try, that receiver is certainly one that will work - I am not 100% sure that the 360 remote will fully work (some keys might need mapping) but I know my Harmony 360 worked with that receiver and it was compatible with the 360...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Hey you might have figured this out by now but I had some trouble getting this remote to work as well - although I knew it would as I had used it with Vista MCE before switching to XBMC. I had to map all the buttons and stuff but if you want my lircd.conf / more info on how to get it working I'd be willing to see if I can help!
Info on how you got it working might help others, by all means please post it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MS MCE receiver + XBOX 360 MCE control = working?0