Back-option in every menu?
I installed my HTPC ysterday, installed xbmc, had the dll error, but fixed that one in less then a minute.

I runned XBMC , controlled via the remote, everything went smooth, with one exeption ;

The BACK button on my remote works, but not all the time,
for example, when browsing directories with movies, and i press back, ill go up one level,
but when i go into the Settings of XBMC, into the Network section for example, im unable to get out of it ? )

when watching a movie, pressing the OK button on my remote, will pop up a little menu ( cross - shaped ) with some basic function that hovers over the movie, i can pause, stop, audio etc, but there again, im unable to remove it...

So, my question is :
- Does anyone know how to fix this?
- OR - is there a Skin that provides a BACK/ESCAPE button in every menu?
yes,

set global back to previous menu and when in specific screens, music video and pictures specify in the sections back as parent dir
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
thx for your immens quick reply, but how do i change that? ( im a total beginner regarding remote controls - but i'm an advanced PC user Smile )
inside the keymap.xml in the XBMC folder is al global section and a specific section for each specific function.

there you can change the buttons of your remote/keyboard

say global BACKSPACE = PREVIOUS MENU
say music BACKSPACE = PARENT DIR

now everwhere the backspace goes to previous menu, but in music the backspace goes back 1 folder
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Don't do your changes to the system keymap.xml though

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win..._stored.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tru I forgot Tongue
I'm a bit lost...

So i have a keymap.xml with alot of combinations,

the only thing i want to achieve, is that i have a possibility to use a 'back' function when browsing trough menu's and when using the fullscreenmovie menu ( the cross shaped menu )

the main controls dont work, ( play / pause / dont work of the remote ( they do in the overlay menu ) - but when playing music, i'm unable to pause it or anything, volume etc doesnt hit either,

this remote was build for winMCE, but im not planning on using that, i want XBMC,
i have this case & remote : http://www.ms-tech.de/ger/index.php/prod...66/pdid/91 ( dont bother, its only in German it seems )

Is there any 'simple' way into fixing this?

small idea : what is IR Server Suite ? Can this help me with my problem?

small overview what works and what doesnt :

in Video's browsing in a movie libary -> Press Back -> Parent Dir
In Menu ( example - Settings > Network ) -> Press Back -> no reaction, stuck in that piece of menu
In Music ( playing a MP3 ) Unable to pause / play / volume trough remote & unable to reach the controlbuttons in the bottom to stop
In FullScreenMovie => press OK => overlay CrossShaped menu appears => unable to remove that menu - Back does not work
anyone? Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back-option in every menu?0