Music Artist FanArt Slideshow as Visualization?
Lightbulb 
Since Artist Fanart has been implemented into PM III HD, i have a request for the visualization guys(or gals). I'd like to have a visualization that just showes the fanart for the artist of the track that is playing and change when the song changes.

If I get some feedback on this being a good idea I'll add it to trac.
It's a nice idea, but not too reasonable right now i think because most bands only have a couple images at the moment so you'd see the same two or three over and over. Of course if you have the patience you could scour the internet for more pictures, but I personally am not about to do that with my who knows how many thousands of artists. I think this would be more likely to be added down the road once a reliable online music database or fanart website from which to scrape fanart is established.
Oh, I didn't think it would happen overnight, but I thought if someone gave it a look now, then maybe it would be ready by the time a good music fanart scrape site was up and running smooth.

And yes, I started re-organizing and finding pics myself last night. I got all the way to "J" before the wife starting complaining about my laptop time....Confused

but that was only on a folder with around 400 albums in it not the whole collection.
I've never messed with editing these at all, can someone point me towards a good turotial for editing/writing/creating one? Searching google now.... I know there are some that show album art already. Surly these could be edited to use the artist fanart...
So I may just be talking to myself here, but oh well. I was thinking, maybe this would be better accomplished by just using the "now playing" OSD.

I'm not sure I'm using the right term for it, but I'm talking about the album art and id3 tags that show ontop of the visulization.

I know that this can be toggled to stay off or stay on, and also I believe there is a timeout value that can be set somewhere so that it fades away after a song plays for a set amount of time. Can someone tell me where to change that value?

I'm not in front of my system at the moment, just brainstorming while I'm working....

But I'd like to have it show the album art and id3 tags as normal, but with a full screen "artist fanart" in the background, and then say after 20 seconds fade away into the normal visulization. Then repeat the process when the song changes.
musicvisualisation.xml Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artist FanArt Slideshow as Visualization?0