Alternative Hide Compilation Artists Option?
Question 
at the moment the hide artists that appear on compalations option only works when browsing by artist.

when browsing by genre all the compelation artists still appear in the list.

is this a bug or not?

wouldnt it make sence that if i have selected the hide artists that appear on compalations option that it be universal to the music library.

if not could there be an alternative option

HIDE ARTISTS THAT APPEAR ON COMPELATIONS

-artist section
-genre section
-artist and genre section (whole library)

any more votes for this? (power in numbers) lets get it implimented
Actually i noticed this as well. I would prefer not to see the compilation artists anywhere if chosen to hide them.

Running the latest official release of xbmc from the website.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Sounds reasonable. Please post a ticket on trac. I suspect just leaving them off everywhere will do the trick. Comments welcome.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you want them off in one spot i cannot see anyone wanting them elsewhere...
yes, off everywere would be best

ticket created #5789
any news with this ticket yet or has it just been pushed aside due to its low priority.

surley its a simple thing thats quick and easy to get out of the way
once it pops up on top of the stack it will be handled.
It popped off, and I whacked it good and proper.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

good news cheers for all the hard work you guys are doing. i feel like such a bum in comparison
jmarshall.

would it be possible to put the various artists option within each genre.

ie - once i select reggae i get a list of all reggae artists but i cannot access my reggae compilations without searching through the "compilation" or "Artists" section which is cluttered up with all other genres.

i have my compilations taged with the album artist as "Various Artists" so they all show together but now the option to select various artists is only available whilst searching as "Artist" or "Compilations" and not in the "Genre" section
Created Ticket #6191

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative Hide Compilation Artists Option?0