Song/video restart when opening "Now playing..."
Question 
Hello!

Maybe I am pressing the wrong buttons but I can't figure this out. Let's say I start playing a song as I browse through my folders. I then continue browsing and queuing files. After queuing files I would like to watch my queue list, by pressing the play button on my MCE Remote and choosing "Now playing...". Here comes the problem. As the queue is shown the currently playing song starts to play again from the beginning. Very annoying. I do not want the currently playing song to be interrupted. Is this a "feature"? Should I display my queue in some other way?

I have searched the forums for this, but can't find anything about it.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10, latest svn build for XBMC. I have tried this with XBMC 8.10, same thing there.

I hope you guys can help me!
Is noone else experiencing this? Maybe someone could test and see if it behaves the same way for you?
I have the same problem. I haven't figured out how to go back to a playing file yet using a remote. I think when I first got XBMC set up I found a way to do it with a mouse but I'm not sure.
I'm fairly sure that this is the normal behaviour. Not sure whether this is designed that way or if its something that needs a little refining. May be worth logging a bug report...

Phil
That should not be happening, so would be considered a bug. Post a ticket on trac or it will be missed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5888
Bug fixed and closed :-)
cewan Wrote:Bug fixed and closed :-)

Hmm I have some questions about the music funcion in XBMC. I have an MCE Remote, and I would like to know what buttons to press for:

add song/albums to a playlist
watch playlists
start visualizations

I guess I can use the big play button to bring up a menu, but is there a special button for these different functions?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
soder Wrote:Hmm I have some questions about the music funcion in XBMC. I have an MCE Remote, and I would like to know what buttons to press for:

add song/albums to a playlist
watch playlists
start visualizations

I guess I can use the big play button to bring up a menu, but is there a special button for these different functions?

/Söder

Why are you stealing my thread for this unrelated issue?
cewan Wrote:Why are you stealing my thread for this unrelated issue?

Sorry. =) I only thought that someone that was in to the the music part of XBMC could answer this.

I know its annoying to get a mail that says someone been written in your thread, and then its something else. =)

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
I'm still having that first video issue. Am i doing something wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song/video restart when opening "Now playing..."0