[MOD] PM3.HD Submenus Mod
Rocky5 Wrote:you add the return before the last ) like this
Code:
ActivateWindow(videofiles,MythTV,return)
though i dont have mytv nor know what it is officiously its some sort of tv lol but is it a script, program or something else.
Yup, tried that. Instead of automatically going to that source, it drops to Video > Files view first. Without the "return" in that command, it DOES go directly to the source but returns (via "back" on my MCE remote) to the Video > Files first, then the Videos sub menu.

Basically:

ActivateWindow(videofiles,MythTV,return) -> Video > Files view

ActivateWindow(videofiles,MythTV) -> MythTV options (which is off Video -> Files view)

This is probably not directly related to your skin version, was just wondering if anyone else knows how to do it.

BTW, I did create a custom entry in the script option that goes directly to the MythTV source but again does not return directly to the submenu like TV Shows and Videos does. Thats how all this started Smile

Oh, and MythTV is an open source PVR.

Cheers
Bruce
Rocky5 Wrote:OK i though i would have a change of skin today and picked PM3HD but i don't like the layout so i started editing away and here it is i added Submenus for videos and programs you can customize the locations also i have added in multiimages for these new menus so games has its own backgrounds applications and you get the point.

PM3-HD Submenu Mod - Google Project Page

Info...
1. Enable disable the mod via the Skin settings.
2. Multiimage for the new menus added in Games, TV shows and Plugins and more.
3. Custom Plugins Button editable via Skin Settings.
4. New Submenus for Programs ( Called Other when enabled ) this has Applications, Games, Arcade and Homebrew all can have custom paths editable via the Skin Settings.
5. New Submenu for Videos has Videos, TV Shows, Custom Plugin, Videos - File View (Can be disabled) and Plugins.
6. New Fanart, Episodes and Seasons Thumbs Look.
7. Includes a xbox texture.xpr this gives me over 100mb free (total 128mb)

Images...
Image Image Image

PM3-HD Tron Skin - Google Project Page

Info...
1. Created 40 New Textures.
2. Great new look super sharp and pleasent to the eye.
3. Used some of the existing textures changed the colours.
4. PDFs are on my Google Project Page.

Images...
Image Image Image

Credits...
Jezz_x for making this skin.

Blown Links?
Moseby99 Wrote:Blown Links?

Links work fine for me any how.

though there is a message for the owners of the google page.

Project hosting will be READ-ONLY Friday, 12pm PDT due to brief network maintenance

if you mean the images then yes i need to upload them to my page as they got removed from the hosting site.
Kudos! I love the mod! I hated having to go to the "root dir" to pick Movies or TV. It made the skin feel kinda cheap and unfinished in a way (NO disrespect intended!, just a great improvement on an already excellent skin)

I tinkered (Just starting to learn the way the XML's work) and made the last button "Internet Video" which links directly to video plugins for Youtube, Hula ect.

Thanks for the great Mod!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
how do i get to choose movie genre in this mod?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
you need to remove ,return from line 451 in custom_Videomenu_1112.xml this will allow you to go back through the menus to get to where you want.

or you can remove ,movietitles this will act like the old menu.

Update on Page1
OK i have been mucking about with the Showcase View and come up with this in this one you can see more of the Fanart but you get to also see the nice Thumb but am not sure if the thumb should be a little smaller.

Update 1: Will be posting one later today fixed both Showcase views so now there is no more thumb jumping when deselecting a thumb the only prob now is i cant have both views selectable in the skin you will need to choose one but i will keep at it to add them both in.

Update 2: Ok finished the Showcase views got the coverflow views working as well just need to add my overlays to them (make them nicer looking) and that's me done so should be done in a couple of hours.

Update 3: Ok finished all views except the Coverflow Music view still need to do that but shouldn't take to long but here are 3 images of the final Showcase view and the final Coverflow view with fanart also these views are all available in Video file mode so if you don't use library you still get what use library users get (except movie info).

IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO NUDITY (not acceptable forum content).... Jezz_X
These look great Rocky.

Nice work.
dtviewer Wrote:These look great Rocky.

Nice work.

Thank you the new version is on page one all finished it has coverflow my new version of showcase (original is still there though you need to rename it) and fixed all views.
Nice work. I really like this mod, however for some reason when I switch from library mode to file mode, the skin won't let me switch back to library mode.
plankton88 Wrote:Nice work. I really like this mod, however for some reason when I switch from library mode to file mode, the skin won't let me switch back to library mode.

Yeah i just noticed that lol will fix it and upload a fix.

thanks for letting me know.

Updated: Fix uploaded please try and tell me if this has worked thank you.
OK here is a small peek as what iam doing i have redone the Showcase view and also added in movie info and tv show info if you pause on a file for 5 seconds also i probably wont be doing the stuff that ekim232 is doing but i will help him when and if he needs it (if you were wondering) i have also added in an Xbox mode this will speed up the views when browsing as its jittery if this is not turned on (Xbox Only - animation, side panels and stuff) i will also be making other adjustments to make this as Xbox friendly as possible as i only use the xbox i don't have the PC hooked up to the TV also the xbox is alot more energy efficient. Smile

i may add in media flags but i am not really fussed about these.

If your wondering the reason i have put in Xbox mode is because of the overlays and the size of the textures i used to get to look nice and crisp.

also any feed back would be great bugs, suggestions and criticism are all welcome thank you for reading.

Images..
Image Image

Jezz_x ? Nudity?? What image host was that as I don't get any nudity was it the damn Supload one I don't use that now.
I like your pop out menu Rocky. It is all looking very nice. I will PM you later to discuss a few things about movie 3d coverflow.

One suggestion is the take the genre field away from the pop out menu, since it is already listed below the movie name. You could use that field to show some other info.
ekim232 Wrote:I like your pop out menu Rocky. It is all looking very nice. I will PM you later to discuss a few things about movie 3d coverflow.

One suggestion is the take the genre field away from the pop out menu, since it is already listed below the movie name. You could use that field to show some other info.

Cheers i could add in media flags in there but am not sure as i don't really use them i mean there all in the NFO files so i suppose i could add them in not sure.

am thinking of just redoing PM3-HD making my own skin out of it as i have a vision for the main menu but not sure.
I only did the media flags for something to do and to learn the coding. I really don't like any flag that does not have a listitem property and I am not a fan of throwing in a bunch of audio & video information into my nfo's where they don't belong. I will branch out more with flagging when it is a solid feature, rather than a crafty workaround.

I am working on the main menu also. Trying to make it more user defined.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PM3.HD Submenus Mod1