TV Shows Don't Update
krowie Wrote:markiz,

In files mode do a scan for new content on the parent TV show directory. After a manual scan in files mode the library mode should begn working again - did for me

I've tried that. No success.

I've also tried from scratch with a new library.
The only way i got it to work last night was to disable my HTTP Web Server

I noticed it was not connecting to the INternet becuase the weather pages were not updating, so i disabled the Web Server re-started and my new episodes are now there.

Although the only way to get them in was to scan them in using file mode.

But I have a new season on there and that one will not come into Library Mode at all!
until one of you show us a debug log to prove otherwise, we will just assume that this is a yet another case of server downtime. which tvdb has had alot of lately.
spiff Wrote:until one of you show us a debug log to prove otherwise, we will just assume that this is a yet another case of server downtime. which tvdb has had alot of lately.

But I can reach tvdb from my browser... Are their API on a different server?
search interface runs through a round-robin which has some issues. it's being worked on
I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't understand your post. Can you clarify?

I'm having the same problem and I'm trying to follow all relevant threads on the forums. XBMC can't connect to thetvdb.com (according to the log, I'll post later if it will help, I'm at work now), even when the site is up. When it worked, the library results from thetvdb.com were fantastic, other options are not so good.

Thanks for looking into this issue!

spiff Wrote:search interface runs through a round-robin which has some issues. it's being worked on
I've tried scanning this tv serie 10 times. It's called "Stormen" and is available at thetvdb.com
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=84873&lid=8

The information is only available in swedish. But xbmc insists on fetching the english page. I've looked thru the settings and havent found any language settings for thetvdb.com

As you can see this page is empty:
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=en

And this page has the information I'm looking for
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=sv

As you can see in my log-file, only the url with language=en is requested. And it's requested several times (why is that?)
http://pastebin.com/m76bcd245

I'm not sure if this is relevant for this thread. But I seem to recall that xbmc/thetvdb.com used to find descriptions in swedish. So I'm wondering: is this also a problem with thetvdb.com, or is it a problem with xbmc?

Edit: Maby this page needs some more information? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TheTVDB.com_(Video_Library) I think the information about language is a little bit vague. I prefer english descriptions. But I don't want to miss out on a tv-serie that doesn't have a english description... And what does the setting "Language Override for Banners" do?

Edit 2: Strange. My settings screen for thetvdb.com doesn't have the language setting at all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_robin_DNS

in order to know which languages are available, we query the server. if the server does not respond, we get no list of languages, you get no setting and i hope we all get the point Smile

i'm not sure how tvdb handles series that is not available in english. i will have to check when the interfaces work again
edit
it would only show if you entered scraper settings which you do not do in that log.
Hi guys

Im pretty new to the world of XBMC and so far am loving it!!

The only problem I am finding is that the TV Show scrapper is not working, I've searched and searched online to find answers only they dont seem to exists.

I have named all my episodes exactly as stated in the guides and when I go to get TV show information it pauses for sometime and then asks me to type in the name of the show - Im guessing because it cant find it. (i.e. Lost being the main one) however when I goto theTVDB.com the show and episodes are there fine Sad

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks Guys Laugh
This is probably due to thetvdb.com having some timeout issues ATM. For now I'd suggest using another scraper for your tv shows....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
My XBMC is scanning TVShows again using the thetvdb.com.

I changed nothing and everything seems to be back to normal. so probable the cause was over at their site and not XBMC.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
For me this has been a recurring problem I can confirm that switching to a different scrobbler solves the problem. I have now chosen tvrage rather than tvdb. However, there is no fanart and a lot of the information offered by tvdb is missing in tvrage (e.g. episode names, thumbnails, etc.). What is the best alternative to tvdb?
Im having the same problem. I tried the redo my Prison Break Season 1-4 and now my library is emptyEek
I went to the TVDB web site and it had problems loading on my PC. Is it under mainteince. I tried TVrage, but is's just not the same. Just like eickmeyer said you get no episode names or thumbnails and the episode numbering is strange. I will try again tomorrow.

UPDATE: With able to download all the info on Prison Break Season 1-4 with episode names and numbers but no thumbnails or fanart from TVDB.com.
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Don't Update0