Need a little guidence on machine specs
I looking at getting an Acer L3600. The sepcs are:

Acer Aspire L3600, Intel Pentium E2140 Dual Core, 1.6GHz 1MB, 160GB SATA, 2 x 512MB SODIMM, DVD RW SLOT-IN,Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 up to 243MB, Vista Home Premium

I was thinking of installing tinyxp rev 0.9 without internet explorer, or windows media player. Installing 2 GB of RAM, and overclocking the processor. Should that be enough power to run 720P video?

Im gonna use the PC as purely xbmc and nothing else. only installing xbmc as a platform, was looking at xbmc live but windows seems the better option.
Possibly not the CPU is a bit on the weedy side. More will post with speciics

The main reason i post is dont bother with TinyXP. yes you can make XBMC work but I had all sorts of grief with all the other things you might like. Its a step to far optimisation wise.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I bought (then returned) an Asus PC with an E2200 (2.0 Ghz) in January. I overclocked to 2.4 Ghz and it still would not play a 1080p BD rip (neither a .ts I made or the original .m2ts). I was running XBMC v8.10. The CPU would max out on high bit-rate scenes.

However, that was all before the work with multi-thread ffmpeg that is now included in Jester's builds. That might make a difference. If you can return it easily, it may be worth a shot.
thanks for the replys. im only looking to run 720p, as my tv is only 720p. im lookinh to over-clock to 2Ghz. anything over 720p is no good to me. as for tinyxp, im going to run xbmc as a shell, just using tinyxp as a footprint, if that makes sense. Was gonna use live but cant seem to find the linux drivers for the acer l3600.
I would use nlite and not tinyxp. You think your only using XBMC but i guarantee you will end up with things like IR controls, updaters, virus scanners etc. It would be just a matter of time before one of them wouldnt work and you would have to rebuild from scratch.

nlite is a far better solution and very easy to do
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:I would use nlite and not tinyxp. You think your only using XBMC but i guarantee you will end up with things like IR controls, updaters, virus scanners etc. It would be just a matter of time before one of them wouldnt work and you would have to rebuild from scratch.

nlite is a far better solution and very easy to do

cheers, ill look into, i was only planning on having ir controls and xbmc, and a net connection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a little guidence on machine specs0