XBMC remote choice
Hi everybody,

I'm just using XBMC on linux (Ubuntu 8.10) for a couple of weeks. Now I'm looking for a IR remote control. I read something about the first Xbox remote control. I would like to know if that one work fine and with LIRC (I expect to be able ... with severals tweaks) , be able to launch XBMC from that remote. If you have others good idea, they're welcome.

Thanks, Laugh
nico, I use the original XBOX remote myself. It does everything you need and if you want additional functionality edit the keymap.xml file, the XBOX Media Center remote works well also. And remember any RCA remote will work with the front end infrared adapter. Just set the remote to use a RCA DVD remote code.
Thanks a lot Butchy ! I appreciate your infos.

Smile
Just got this one to replace one that came with my PVR-150. Used as mceusb in Lirc and there are Lircmap.xml files on the net already set up for it. Also, $21.99 is pretty good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880121001
That a good idea because I need a serial or USB IR receiver.... (I will go with USB I think).
I gonna check that remote, DDM.
I personally suggest the Streamzap pc remote if you just need something simple.
I just got the Hauppauge media center remote control kit (usb with infra red transmitter) for vista/xp media center model 335 and can confirm that it works straight out of the box for XBMC for linux - awesome remote......Cool
The standard MS media center remote works very well for me. Cheap and gets the job done.

VLad
I actually came to prefer the Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard over a remote.
Works like a charm in XBMC. And it's no larger than a normal remote.
If price is a concern, I use this $10.88 delivered. Works natively as a HID. The only change I made in Keymap.xml was to map backspace to the context menu. It's no harmony, but I like that it has a mouse function so when I drop back to the desktop occasionally I don't need to use a vnc session.

[edit: Word to the wise: the a b c d hotkeys will drop you to console. Best not to touch them.]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC remote choice0