Saving custom aspect ratio
Just wanted to start by thanking all the developers for XBMC. Best HTPC interface yet.

Is there a way to save the custom aspect ratio and still use normal AR as my default?

I'm still watching a few 4:3 tv shows (20%) and usually go into the OSD and change the zoom and pixel ratio to stretch the video to fill my 16:9 screen to my liking. However, for everything else, I'm using the normal AR setting since I don't need to stretch/zoom. The problem is that the custom AR settings get reset back to the default settings everything I exit XBMC or change the AR to normal. Is there any way to save these settings so I don't have to keep change the zoom and pixel ratio? I know I can save the settings as the default for all movies but then that affects all videos, which I don't want since the majority of my videos aren't 4:3.

Thanks
First: Yuck, stretching video makes it look terrible. If it was meant to be 4:3, it is supposed to be watched that way.

Second: I belive XBMC remembers zoom settings on a per-video basis. Mine does anyway... are you pressing Z to change the zoom mode, or going into the settings and changing the pixel AR?
I have to set the custom aspect ratio in the OSD (zoom 1.18, pixel 1.10) since my settings do not match one of the predefined ones. You're right that XBMC remembers the setting for each video but I still have to change it for each video.

I was hoping that there was a way to default the custom setting to 1.18 zoom and 1.10 pixel ratio and then just use the "z" key to change it to my settings whenever I need to.
I found a way to default the custom aspect ratio... set it in code and recompile, lol. Alright, so it's not the most elegant solution but it does work.

Now I just need to figure out how to get XBMC to automatically use CAR if source AR is 4:3. I'm surprise I didn't get many replies to my question. I guess not many people watch 4:3 or like v0lrath, they don't stretch.
XBMC resolution system is still legacy from the xbox as it relies on the resolutions coming in the same order which isn't the case on all non xbox platforms. A ticket is open for that but no solution yet.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5435
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving custom aspect ratio0