Library mode discovery problems
My Media PC HD recently crashed, so I had to rebuild the PC from scratch. Since rebuilding it, I have been having a lot of problems getting XBMC to discover all of my TV shows. The videos themselves haven't changed since the crash. The show itself shows up in the library, but none of the episodes do. These files all played fine before I rebuilt the box. And the files play fine if I turn off library mode, so it's not a file access problem or anything along those lines.

What types of criteria does XBMC use to pull these things into the library? Why would it detect the show, but not pull in any of the episodes?

I'm using TheTVDB as my scraper, which is the same as I used prior to the crash.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
dodgeboy Wrote:My Media PC HD recently crashed, so I had to rebuild the PC from scratch. Since rebuilding it, I have been having a lot of problems getting XBMC to discover all of my TV shows. The videos themselves haven't changed since the crash. The show itself shows up in the library, but none of the episodes do. These files all played fine before I rebuilt the box. And the files play fine if I turn off library mode, so it's not a file access problem or anything along those lines.

What types of criteria does XBMC use to pull these things into the library? Why would it detect the show, but not pull in any of the episodes?

I'm using TheTVDB as my scraper, which is the same as I used prior to the crash.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
A debug log would be very helpful, it could be something as simple as the site is timing out, they have been having some problems for the past few weeks with api speed.

It could also be that you had a custom regex before that you didn't re-enter into the app so it's not picking up the episodes.

you could try creating an episode .nfo file, or use one of the apps to make it (Media Companion, or MIP) and see if it loads the episode data.

another option, post the name of one of your episode files, and what your directory structure is, and i'll test it for you.
Thanks for the tips! Your .nfo statement gave me some ideas. I deleted all of my .nfos and let XBMC discover everything itself. All is well now. I'm not sure why the .nfos were messing things up (all of my shows had them).

Dave
dodgeboy Wrote:My Media PC HD recently crashed, so I had to rebuild the PC from scratch. Since rebuilding it, I have been having a lot of problems getting XBMC to discover all of my TV shows. The videos themselves haven't changed since the crash. The show itself shows up in the library, but none of the episodes do. These files all played fine before I rebuilt the box. And the files play fine if I turn off library mode, so it's not a file access problem or anything along those lines.

Hi Dave,

I recently had exactly the same problem. Everything was working fine prior to this... scrapers doing their jobs perfectly, that is until the truely annoying happened.

I know that this is probably not the most efficient way of fixing this, but it worked for me.

In library mode, go to the list of shows and select one of them. In the context menu, select TV Show Information and hit refresh. You will probably be asked "if you want to refresh all episodes" and yeah... you do.

Unfortunately if you have the sort of collection of TV shows like I do... this is going to take a while seeing as though you have to update each one individually, but like I said... It worked for me.

Good luck!

Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode discovery problems0