• 7(current)
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers
Yeah, I know german words/terms are often very complicated and long ;-)
I tried my best to find shorter terms, but at some IDs it's very difficult to find a suitable translation which also fits into the space

e.g.

HIDE WATCHED: YES
GESEHENE VERBERGEN: JA

ARGH ;-)
But are you 100% sure this won't fit? I don't have access to the Stark files, but judging from the screens Discaciate sent me the translated strings do not have to be exactly the same in length - at least not in all cases. Sure, the main menu is another case, but in some cases even significantly longer texts appear just fine.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
I also started the german translation and got pretty far, but couldn't make it in time due to lots of exams in the last/next days (physics is on for tomorrow, wish me luck Wink ).

Anyway, i hope my work wasn't completely redundant and the one in charge for the translation (Markus23?) can have a look at it to maybe find one or two expressions he can use Smile

so here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4zxmky4ntn1/strings.xml

sometimes it's really hard to find the right words, so feel free to pm me for a second opinion on your translation. I'd be happy to help out and contribute to the xbmc community.
I got Screenshots from Discaciate with the problematic IDs and this one won't fit.
But I found a solution -> GESEHENE FILM: EIN , its short enough and it's quite understandable ;-)

Do you know if it's possible to insert more than 2 Lines in the AEON Preferences Screens?
All menu-items on the left got a more or less detailed description at the right main screen. The english versions uses only 2 Lines of Text after the 'headline' . But I need up to three lines of text at some menuitems. Judged from the screenshot, there seems to be just enough space for a third line....
Markus23 Wrote:I got Screenshots from Discaciate with the problematic IDs and this one won't fit.
But I found a solution -> GESEHENE FILM: EIN , its short enough and it's quite understandable ;-)

Do you know if it's possible to insert more than 2 Lines in the AEON Preferences Screens?
All menu-items on the left got a more or less detailed description at the right main screen. The english versions uses only 2 Lines of Text after the 'headline' . But I need up to three lines of text at some menuitems. Judged from the screenshot, there seems to be just enough space for a third line....

wouldn't just "GESEHENE" be enough? i think that's what it's called in other skins as well.
and gesehene film sounds kinda strange Big Grin
Hey .nimrod !

I already got discaciate sent and checked my version, so I would suggest that only one version should be used ?! But I will download and take a look at your version an integrate the best parts into mine, if you don't mind.

Markus

PS:

upps ;-) Missed an 'E'

(Ich möchte ein "E" kaufen ;-) )
Markus23 Wrote:Hey .nimrod !

I already got discaciate sent and checked my version, so I would suggest that only one version should be used ?! But I will download and take a look at your version an integrate the best parts into mine, if you don't mind.

Markus

yeah that's what i uploaded it for Smile
Checked your version, and taken some parts , thanks..

my version misses only two more IDs from the Welcome Tour and it will be finished.
Hopefully discaciate got the time to check it again tonight and hopefully it will be integrated into AEON Release tomorrow :-)
Can do translation into Russian. PM the xml file if it's not done yet.
volenin Wrote:Can do translation into Russian. PM the xml file if it's not done yet.
AFAIR you can download both the xml file and the Russian translation from this very thread Smile
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
So, what do we do to make the skin CE-compatible by 1.0?
Cheers
Why is there no FR-fr ... too bad ...
One was in the pipeline but I don't know where it ended up. I'll have another look and see if I missed it.
I remind you that I can help with fr translation Smile
Imaginos Wrote:I remind you that I can help with fr translation Smile

Yes it was in the pipeline, but anyway you can take it here
http://www.xbmc.fr/2009/03/30/aeon-stark...isponible/

or direct link here
http://www.xbmc.fr/aeon/French.zip

Please Imaginos , take a look on it
And PM me if you want to add something
xbmc.fr

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers0