How can I create a movies' library?
Sorry guys, but I can't do it!

Thanks to Reginald I've found where option "Set content" is... Right Click in my source, set content... I selected IMDB as scraper.. Another options like "Folder contains a single Video" but when i press "OK" nothing happens Sad When I change to library view, XBMC says me that there is no scanned information for this view.. switch to the files view Sad

I'm sure that I followed the tutorial step by step... But the reason that piss me off is that actually I've got all the information. Is there any way to load the information manually? I've got these files:

In bruges (2008).avi
In bruges (2008)-fanart.jpg
In bruges (2008).jpg
In bruges (2008).nfo
In bruges (2008).tbn

But only the fanart is displayed! Sorry I'm gonna suicide if I don't get it!
Hey Devil Akuma, I too was having some trouble initially getting my library set up. The problem is, it is actually so easy that it becomes hard - if that makes sense. You expect there to be more steps in the process I suppose.

This is what I do when adding movies and it has worked great for me. First, you might want to download Media Companion as it makes adding and selecting poster and fanart much easier in my opinion. In Media Companion add a folder to "watch" by going to the preferences/setup window. After adding the folder the program will scan it and attempt to link each video with the correct IMDB info - usually works without a hitch. You can then find each new video added and change stuff as you see fit.

Then, open up your XBMC - go to the Movies tab and make sure you are in files mode. Click on "Add Source" at the bottom and select the folder you just scraped in Media Companion. You will now see the folder you have just added has appeared in the view. Hover over that folder and bring up the context menu(usually by pressing C). Then go to the "Set Content" selection and select that. Make sure that at the top of this new window that "Movies" is selected(that is if you are adding movies).

Don't worry about which source you are scraping from (IMDB, FilmWeb, etc.) because all of the NFOs and TBNs have been created using Media Companion, so nothing will actually be scraped as the files that are already in that folder should not be overwritten. Then, go ahead and select "Run Automated Scan" and "Scan Recursively" and press O.K.

Now, towards the bottom of the screen you should see XBMC working on adding that source folder, it shouldn't take that long since it is basically running over all of the files in that folder. You can then switch over to Library mode and you should see the movies you just added, if for some reason it is still not showing update your library and you should be good.

Smile
Sorry, I see above that you are using MediaInfoPlus - I use Media Companion myself but MIP should work just fine...
Have you tried right clicking and using update library? this step will usually take awhile.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
Devil Akuma Wrote:Another options like "Folder contains a single Video"
Why, is your source a single folder with a single movie?

From the Wiki:
Folder contains a single Video
The standard assumption is that the source contains multiple video files, this option dictates that the selected source or folder only contains one video.

What options did you choose exactly and what is your directory structure like?

The key is to be able to set contents correctly, it's not rocket science.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What options did you choose exactly and what is your directory structure like?

I've got a folder called "pelis XBMC", inside of it there's only one file "In Bruges (2008).avi" and this is my configuration:

http://www.mellamoivan.es/Aeon_1.jpg

One (important) question. I've realised that when I click Ok in this screen nothing happens, only that this submenu (where I choose all the options) is closed. If I click another time right click below "pelis XBMC" and select "Set Contet" another time my configuration is dissapeared! Is it normal? Maybe my configuration is not saved correctly? I'm about pressing "Ok"

venealis, Where is this option available? I click right-click but any "update library" appears. Where Have I to click?

Thanks in advance and sorry about my sillyness!
woe! blast from the past! Tongue
Scan recursively should absolutely not be checked (if unchecking it helps you I am not sure).

try this.

Create a text file called
In Bruges (2008).nfo in the folder, containing only the imdb url:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

make sure the contents are set and press info (i) on the folder.

Preferrably with debug logging enabled (see my sig)

What happens?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I can recall aeon sucks when it comes to "set content". Please change the skin to PM3 or PM3.HD to set up your sources and try again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
i'm using PM3HD until Aeon Stark release. I my setup i go Video>Movies right click "update library". Something like that. I'll double check tonight.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
i personnaly don't use any scrapers i just use http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071 then tell PM3 HD to update library. So far everything has worked well for me.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
That does NOT free you from setting contents correctly.
you are correct you still do have to select the content.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
If you are using one of the recent builds of XBMC for windows, the old AEON
won't work properly with your Add Sources and Set Content.

Same thing for Horizonz III... I reverted to PM3.HD to do all that stuff...

I think it has to do with that new pathlevel=1 or something to that effect in
sources.xml

I do hope the beta testers didn't just install Aeon Stark and start playing around.

To properly test, you have to do both : Setup on fully configured XBMC and
setup on brand new install with no userdata. That way you test the calibartion,
the adding sources, setting the content, scanning for content, etc...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Hi there,

I've tried with PM3.HD with the same fucking results Sad

I've configurated (correctly, or I think so) and nothing happens after clicking "Ok" If I come back to "Set Content" (or just click "i") the configuration have dissapeared!

sho I activated "Debug logging" and tried to do your commands... and anything happens. I mean, I create a file called "In Bruges (2008).nfo" with only a link inside (http://www.mellamoivan.es/In%20Bruges%20(2008).nfo) and placed it inside "Pelis XBMC" (where "In Bruges (2008).avi" is); I configured again the "Set Content" screen (like last image I've posted) and nothing happens. When I click after that "i" I see another time my "Set Contents" screen empty Sad

I've looked for the xbmc.log in my C:\Documents and Settings... but there's not this file!

One thing: My windows user is "Iván". Could be the problem this 'a' with accent? I've notice that my XBMC userdata is in the path C:\Documents and Settings\Iván\Datos de programa\XBMC

I'm don't know what's happening but I would never imagine that this could be so difficult to do it!

Thanks to everyone to give support in this annoying path Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I create a movies' library?0