.srt tag support (tags for SRT subtitles)
Lightbulb 
I posted in the Windows section, maybe it was the wrong place.

I tried using a .srt file that had tags.

Stuff like {\pos(192,240)} to handle subtitles positioning.

A sample is here: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/f462ccecb

The tags were ignored and displayed literally.

Is development going to include this in the future?
Anyone? Is this one of the things that needs FFMPEG support to exist?
show me the standard. not some random files.
Here is a explanation of the srt format and what it should look like.
thanks. that's exactly what i thought, those tags are not part of the format at all, but are somewhat standardized atleast
Well, I was asking because those tags are supported by many players (Media Player Classic for instance) and are found in the work of many of the best known subtitles groups.
Hi,

These positioning tags are supported by VSFilter (formerly DirectVOBSub). Is there any way to use VSfilter in XBMC (running on Windows) ? Most of my subtitles files include these tags, it would be great if that features works.

Thanks a lot
Could/should I open a ticket for this? The subs release scene uses these tags quite liberally now... Sad
XBMC 9.04 on my ubuntu box supports some srt tags, at least <i></i> for italics.
now they are using just <i> ( or <b> for bold) before the text, not closing, that makes XBMC display [i] before the text!

eg.

00:00:01,239 --> 00:00:03,175
<i>"Mentalista"

00:00:03,834 --> 00:00:06,520
<i>"Alguém que usa
acuidade mental,

00:00:06,521 --> 00:00:08,537
<i>hipnose e/ou sugestão."

00:00:09,151 --> 00:00:12,188
<i>"Um mestre manipulador de
pensamentos e comportamento."

00:00:12,189 --> 00:00:13,843
DarkSide
Darkness is everywhere!

-------

edit, look like its working OK on SVN!
I'll have to give the tagged subtitles a try again. To my experience, they weren't supported, but maybe I just ignore tagged files Wink
HTPC hardware: Hiper HMC-2K53A-C0 case, Intel Core 2 duo E4500, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400, Samsung spinpoint S hard drive, Gigabyte GA-73-PVM-S2H motherboard (R.I.P). Planning on getting a ION box instead.
HTPC software: XBMC trunk, Confluence skin (usually).
Storage: 4TB+ of external hard drives accessed through SMB on a 100 mbps network.
It appears that still with latest builds, SRT subtitle support is as basic as it has always been. Poor SRT support is XBMC's biggest weakness as I see it. I remember reading somewhere that this is because of the player used, but can't they use vobsub or whatever it is that VNC and various codec packs are bundled with?

It is common nowadays that HTML tags are used in SRT subtitles (for colours etc..). And any other kinds of more advanced tags like for example {\a6} that I see used often (I believe that is for positioning), do not display correctly. It would at least have been easier for the eye if all unsupported tags were stripped.
Yes, stripping them would be better than the current situation. On the other hand, I hope sooner or later some kind soul will provide a patch to support the tags that many other players support.
The real problem is all the hacks people seem to keep adding to .SRT hoping that all the player software in existence will magically support it.

I'd strongly suggest that someone starts a documentation campaign to fully document the format and ensure that new hacks aren't constantly added to it (or at least if they are they're done in such a way that they don't affect existing software)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi
the .srt format came from Subrip software
I think it 's not develop anymore
Anyway, the special tag in srt came from SSA/ASS subtitle format .
The specification are available here
I don't have SSA subtitle, I don't if it 's fully support by XBMC player (?)
It would be great to support SSA tag in srt files if it possible
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.srt tag support (tags for SRT subtitles)0