720p and 1080p tabs
some of the movies i have are both 720p and 1080p versions, and i was wondering if the devs could make it so you have 1 folder with all the versions of that movie, then when the movie info comes up it'll also have 720p and 1080p selectable popup tabs

also is there a dvdrip, M-HD and DVD icons with stark?
can't answer your question but i do have one of my own...

why would anyone want a movie in both 1080 and 720? i can understand reasons for one or the other... but both?
I am wondering this also c411um. I am fairly sure the 1080p version would be the same or near exact quality as the 720p version of the film when viewing the source in a 720p resolution. Even if I am wrong here, I don't think the slight downgrade in quality would be enough to merit the extra gigabytes of data stored... ?? Curious.. Huh
This made no sense at all.
wsoderberg Wrote:This made no sense at all.

Lol, you made no sense. Maybe he has more than 1 TV, one that can display 1080p and one that can only do 720p, and doesn't want upscaling/downscaling.
Delver Wrote:Lol, you made no sense. Maybe he has more than 1 TV, one that can display 1080p and one that can only do 720p, and doesn't want upscaling/downscaling.

Would it really downscale the quality of the video that much though?? I'm honestly asking the question...
c411um Wrote:can't answer your question but i do have one of my own...

why would anyone want a movie in both 1080 and 720? i can understand reasons for one or the other... but both?

Only thing I can think of would be that they have more than one TV and one has an XBMC box powerful enough for 1080P, but another one only has a box that can handle 720P (mac mini, etc.).
I too could benefit if this feature were added, although it's in no way critical for me.

We have two areas in our house for viewing movies. One has a 720 projector with an older computer that can't handle playing 1080p, but can handle 720p. The other is our 1080p plasma hooked up to my main computer which can handle the 1080p. Also my monetarily-impaired roommate doesn't want to dish out extra money to be able to play 1080p on his computer, but can play 720p from my networked computer fine.
you could also put the trailer to that movie in that folder
This is not a skin feature but an XBMC request and you'll need to post it in the right place for it to be seen.
Hitcher Wrote:This is not a skin feature but an XBMC request and you'll need to post it in the right place for it to be seen.

i thought it is "Skin Specific Requests and End-User Support (Help)"
You want - 'XBMC Feature Suggestions discussion forum'
rausch101 Wrote:I too could benefit if this feature were added, although it's in no way critical for me.

We have two areas in our house for viewing movies. One has a 720 projector with an older computer that can't handle playing 1080p, but can handle 720p. The other is our 1080p plasma hooked up to my main computer which can handle the 1080p. Also my monetarily-impaired roommate doesn't want to dish out extra money to be able to play 1080p on his computer, but can play 720p from my networked computer fine.
So why don't you put the 1080p and 720p versions in extra folders and only scan the folder you need?
mots Wrote:So why don't you put the 1080p and 720p versions in extra folders and only scan the folder you need?

Solved.
Delver Wrote:Lol, you made no sense. Maybe he has more than 1 TV, one that can display 1080p and one that can only do 720p, and doesn't want upscaling/downscaling.

You mean in order to not waste CPU power for the downscaling?

Because, I honestly don't think the quality differs between downscaled 1080p and normal 720p.

An alternate solution would be that he runs two instances of XBMC. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p and 1080p tabs0