[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.)
djh_ Wrote:Well look at that. Consider it added as a default. Or do you think it should be optional?

There wouldn't be a way to get to the genre/actor/year/recently added/etc. options, or would there?
awesome thanks for that Smile the genre and new movies/tvshows should have its own sub menu. the way it is now doesn't look good, looks like your browsing your media. Other then that this skin is amazing.
I suspect what'll happen will be a new optional submenu for those shortcuts, triggered by selecting the Movies or TV Shows options. Would have to be designed though - I wouldn't want it looking like an afterthought - but it should make the next version.
djh_ Wrote:Well look at that. Consider it added as a default. Or do you think it should be optional?

Given the current menu system I'd vote for having the ,return in there by default. It breaks the visual flow to go from a nice view with posters/fanart to this odd view with no posters and then back to the main menu.

IIRC from playing around with Aeon before work this morning I think there was an option to browse by year/name/etc within the top menu for each library where you can turn on fanart, flags, switch views, etc? Maybe add genre/recently added as sorting options too and that would allow you to hide this screen and make the UI nicer while still leaving the browsing options open to those that use them.
I like this suggestion. A button the window menus called 'Filter', which when selected makes that menu fade out and a set of filtering options fade in. What say you?
Sounds good as long it saves on key presses Tongue
agreed...Big Grin
Something along the lines of this mod would be my preference:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44616

The submenu's only appear when you press down (or up) from the main menu.
themugger Wrote:inside Includes_MainMenu.xm…
just add the ,return in the above code, i got this when asking for another mod a while ago... works perfect.

Thank you very much. Smile
djh_ Wrote:I like this suggestion. A button the window menus called 'Filter', which when selected makes that menu fade out and a set of filtering options fade in. What say you?

Sounds elegant (assuming you mean replacing the menu found at the top of the views). I'd recommend making it the primary (or close to) item in the top menu as once a user has Aeon as they like it they'll probably be more likely to use this filter option than something like toggle flags or even switch views.
DJH: Only one problem with putting a filter button in top menu bar: if the skin is in "kiosk" mode, doesn't that remove the bar?

thanks for the code to disable that pesky menu though!

- derek
I use the back out button all the time to get to my apple movie trailers plugin.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
stagecrew Wrote:DJH: Only one problem with putting a filter button in top menu bar: if the skin is in "kiosk" mode, doesn't that remove the bar?

thanks for the code to disable that pesky menu though!

- derek

A good point. How about having just the Filter option there when then kiosk mode is on. Would that work?
LaTropa64 Wrote:Something along the lines of this mod would be my preference:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44616

The submenu's only appear when you press down (or up) from the main menu.

As I said earlier, this would interfere with the current Up and Down action that moves the navigation bar.
Hitcher Wrote:As I said earlier, this would interfere with the current Up and Down action that moves the navigation bar.

That's true, but since you can change the position of the navigation bar in the settings it's not 100% necessary to have the ability to do it on the home screen too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.)0