• 60(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
paul Wrote:And theres your problem me thinks it will use masses amount of memory to up sample
all your videos from 320x240 to whatever your xbox uses. it's no wonder they won't play
and they will look like crap.
Have you tried playing a standard DVD if that play's then it's not the skin at fault, in my oppinion sorry for not picking up on this beforeSad

I will certainly consider it as working on these skins is they only way i can give something
back to the XBMC community.
But if that does happen and most likely willl then this project will have to go into stasis so to speak(i were going to do that at some point anyway)

I am surprised Mk1 works better than rev6 for you as i thought that were better for memory. still if it works for you thats purfickSmile

Maybe it has to do with the version of your xbox
kruykaze Wrote:Maybe it has to do with the version of your xbox
The one i had you mean it was a version 1.1 which i had had since a ccouple of months after it was released it were good value for money.Big Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:The one i had you mean it was a version 1.1 which i had had since a ccouple of months after it was released it were good value for money.Big Grin

I believe mine is 1.6
kruykaze Wrote:I believe mine is 1.6
Ah the hardest one to mod as there were no debug port and no tsop, better to soft mod those buggers, i only ever had one and i managed wreck it trying a hard mod, after that a i made sure i never got anotherSmile am just working on hitchers version of black's black and have removed all traces of the light theme which has left me with it being 90mb before resizing any textures so hopefully this will result in a smaller textures.xpr (fingers crossed it may help with the memory) so all textures are black now to see how it looks take a look at hitchers thread.Smile
My videos are DVD quality. The width of the videos are either 640 or 720.

I encode them all myself.

So it shouldn't have a problem up sampling them.

Just so you know, the new iPods are capable of playing video at very high resolutions, not HD, but high.

We are no longer limited to 320x240, which did look like crap, even on the iPod screen.
Thumbs Up 
paul Wrote:Ah the hardest one to mod as there were no debug port and no tsop, better to soft mod those buggers, i only ever had one and i managed wreck it trying a hard mod, after that a i made sure i never got anotherSmile am just working on hitchers version of black's black and have removed all traces of the light theme which has left me with it being 90mb before resizing any textures so hopefully this will result in a smaller textures.xpr (fingers crossed it may help with the memory) so all textures are black now to see how it looks take a look at hitchers thread.Smile

Dude the smaller the better. (who gives a fuck what she says Laugh )
I can't wait for a good skin that plays ALL my videos .
Something else to try to keep memory usage down in the video library is to either enable backdrops or fanart but not both... the only downside will be that your movies without fanart will have a black background instead of the cycling or static image you chose for the main menu.
kruykaze Wrote:Dude the smaller the better. (who gives a fuck what she says Laugh )
I can't wait for a good skin that plays ALL my videos .
Hopefully get the just black one out in a couple a weeks at the outside.
Am just waiting to see what `Black comes up with next as he and hitcher seem to be working
from the same ideas book two very talented guys, i thank them bothSmile
wannabegt4 Wrote:Something else to try to keep memory usage down in the video library is to either enable backdrops or fanart but not both... the only downside will be that your movies without fanart will have a black background instead of the cycling or static image you chose for the main menu.

Yeah I did that.
paul Wrote:Hopefully get the just black one out in a couple a weeks at the outside.
Am just waiting to see what `Black comes up with next as he and hitcher seem to be working
from the same ideas book two very talented guys, i thank them bothSmile

No Idea what you are saying man.Must have been late at night Laugh
kruykaze Wrote:No Idea what you are saying man.Must have been late at night Laugh
you been drinking againRolleyes
paul Wrote:you been drinking againRolleyes

i don't drink , maybe it's my English Wink
kruykaze Wrote:i don't drink , maybe it's my English Wink
I just was wondering what your comments meant? maybe i missed somethingLaugh
Great work Paul, it is really cool being able to run Aeon on our beloved Xbox. But for me, i've the same issues with background, even if i am choosing custom background, it remains black. I must use XPR Express and change my backdrops in the texture.xpr ? or must i upgrade to the latest T3CH releases ?
Shalashaska Wrote:Great work Paul, it is really cool being able to run Aeon on our beloved Xbox. But for me, i've the same issues with background, even if i am choosing custom background, it remains black. I must use XPR Express and change my backdrops in the texture.xpr ? or must i upgrade to the latest T3CH releases ?
Theres no backgrounds in the textures.xpr and even if you did place new backgrounds in a textures.xpr they would still not show up due to the fact that xbox does not support multi image loading(or at least it didn't last time i checked(god i sound like a stuck record)).
But your welcome to try it create a folder called backdrops and inside that create folders for default_tvshows default_movies default_music and so on then place the corresponding file in each folder it must be called default.jpg or default.png then using either xbmctex or xprexpress (i have both if you require them) and compress the to say backgrounds.xpr
place it in your skins media folder then select it as a theme under settings / appearance / themes. But the workaround where you select the backgrounds from outside of the skin does work or it did a few weeks before i uploaded it and before my xbox died.

You could also try updateing to one of the builds from the nightlybuilds site google for xbmc nightly builds they are very good builds give em a goSmile
Ps this is assuming you are reffering to revision7_black........
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6