• 5(current)
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library
only two things to say:
1- this is BRILLIANTLY EXECUTED (yeah, i'm shouting, so what?)
2- port to android please?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
I just got this App and the functionality it great. A couple issues on the GUI end though:

1. When browsing by Artists or Genre's, they all come up as "Pearl Jam</record><record>" or "Radiohead</record><record>" or "Alternative Rock</record><record>" etc.

2. When browsing Albums (either directly through "Albums" or through "Artists" and then Albums), none of the cover art is showing up. However, when I browse by "Music Sources" and then go into the Artists, the art is showing up (I'm assuming it just grabs the image from folder.jpg)

Note that all albums, genres, art etc. are all organized and displayed perfectly in XBMC for Windows. I am using SVN 21154 on Windows 7 64-bit. I've tagged everything with MediaMonkey.

Are these bugs in the program or is there something I'm missing?
hey rausch101,

I am going to take a wild stab here. Do you use Aeon as your skin? We have had several people report that issue with "</record>" being included in the name. It is an easy enough fix though.
Code:
http://10.1.1.8:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SetResponseFormat()

Try that but substitute your xbmc ip and port. We are not entirely sure what is causing it in recent builds, but it seems that a common thread is people running one of the many many modified versions of Aeon. Either way, we are now issuing that command on connection, so the next release should resolve the issue, even if it is still somewhat a mystery Wink

For the album art issue, have you tried toggle the settings for thumbs off and then restarting the app and re-enabling it? Another thing you might try is completely removing the app from the device and from iTunes and then reinstalling it. Unfortunately, bits and pieces of older builds have a nasty habit of lingering around and causing havoc. I install fresh with every update. It just makes life easier all around.

Cheers,
Rand
Rand Al Thor Wrote:hey rausch101,

I am going to take a wild stab here. Do you use Aeon as your skin? We have had several people report that issue with "</record>" being included in the name. It is an easy enough fix though.
Code:
http://10.1.1.8:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SetResponseFormat()

Try that but substitute your xbmc ip and port.

For the album art issue, have you tried toggle the settings for thumbs off and then restarting the app and re-enabling it?

Cheers,
Rand

Applying your easy fix actually fixed the album art problem as well. I suppose it could have been coincidence, but all is well now. Well done and thanks for the quick response! Big Grin

Oh, and yes you were right about me using an Aeon mod

EDIT: Feature suggestion/maybe another bug?: Can you have it so that album art is cached for the albums that are not currently shown on the screen? It looks like I have to slowly scroll down, let the art cache, move down another screen, let it cache again, etc.
Hey, glad that worked for you. Always happy to help Wink The thumbs should cache if you have that feature enabled in the settings menu. Once they have been loaded for the first time they should always be there unless you run out of memory. In that case we dump the ones we don't need.
Question 
off my server on the network to the internet so I can get it on my iphone?

I'm having trouble getting it setup using XBMC Streamer.
dont know, ask the xbmc streamer guys, this has nothing to do with xbmc .. its a third party application
I agree it's a 3rd party application, it works no problem on my internal network, the problem comes up when I try to come in through the net, which made me think it might be a software hardware issue on the XBMC going out to the net (though I get weather and RSS no problem). I'm not new to the XBMC and its settings, just new to streaming out of the XBMC.
maybe you need to open ports in the router (if you have any) ..
Thanks again for the heads up, I did that to port 8080 and port 80 to the xb static IP. No joy. But any other suggestions would never hurt to cover. I'm thinking it's something simple, but I'm not seeing it, was kind of hoping someone who had accomplished this would chime in. I might just have to go to XBMC for PC, but was hoping to not have to.
ask the xbmc streamer guys what port they are using?
Hmm, update: XBMC for windows works perfect, damn the bad luck.
Dude you can't forward port 80 and to a single ip..
All http clients on the network use port 80...
Numus Wrote:Dude you can't forward port 80 and to a single ip..
All http clients on the network use port 80...

I meant I tried each (IE one at a time). However, I'm currently on 80.
and how is clients relevant? if you forward a port it's for running services on it, nat takes care of the other way around..
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library2