Change "Games" to "Apps"?
Hi

Where do I change the text "Games" in the Aeon Stark main menu to "Apps" for example?

I read it somewhere, here, but now I can't find the thread.

PS. Also, how would I add a new menu item for "Documentaries" for example?

Thanks Smile
Martin
great idea, who plays xbox games anyway, lol
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
+1
XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\language\English\strings.xml

<!-- Main Menu -->

<string id="31010">MUSIC</string>
<string id="31011">GAMES</string>
<string id="31012">PICTURES</string>
<string id="31013">MOVIES</string>
<string id="31014">TV SHOWS</string>
<string id="31015">VIDEOS</string>
<string id="31016">SETTINGS</string>
<string id="31017">WEATHER</string>
<string id="31018">PLAY DISC</string>
<string id="31019">SHUTDOWN</string>
<string id="31020">SCRIPTS</string>
<string id="31021">ASSISTANT</string>

Hope it helps.
ofcourse everything is possible to modify on your own, but that can cause "issues" and hastle when upgrading. In this case though, imho, it would be nice with offcial fix for this since "Games" to my knowledge is not really widely used on non xbox platforms.

*hides* Wink
Editing the strings mentioned by isitwrong won't interfere with any update. It's plain text, no effect on the engine. Just make sure the texts you add are not too long.
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Editing the strings mentioned by isitwrong won't interfere with any update. It's plain text, no effect on the engine. Just make sure the texts you add are not too long.
The strings.xml in talks here is part of the Aeon skin and so, if that file gets updated in the future (and it probably will), editing it, will interfere with future updates.

Also, what about people that don't use English? If this is to be changed, it should be changed for all. Another thing is that if you open the "games" window, you'll see a pacman design above, which doesn't make much sense if this is called "APPS".

I second this to be changed to "APPS" (or something like that) instead of "GAMES". A game is an application/program, so, it always fits; but an app is not always a game.
It's all a matter of personal preference honestly.... why should it be changed when doing it yourself takes all of 5 seconds?
i wouldnt mind somewhere to put trailers to upcoming movies
i was thinking about maybe changing one of the menu id's to something like "concerts". i have a few hd concerts that don't really belong anywhere at the moment.
anyway first things first, gotta get some artwork for them all........
I agree, changing "games" to apps would be great. This way I'd have an appropriate place to launch boxee, Sagetv and so on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change "Games" to "Apps"?0