[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 release
Launcher 3.0 available via Downloads -> Launcher 3.0 on ATV

This version is provided as update for 0.9 and 2.3 users and thus combines the 2 different versions of Launcher. Default mode is the behaviour of Launcher 0.9, so no direct-boot into XBMC possible.

What's new:
- combined 0.x and 2.x series
- added support for learned remotes
- fixed universal remote support

Notes:
- with Babylon alpha1 we started to install XBMC to ~/Applications instead of /Applications
- if enabled, MultiFinder.app is used from Launcher's bundle instead of install to /Applications

Known issues in MultiFinder-mode:
1) No WLAN support if directly booted into XBMC/Boxee
2) No support of paired remotes and remotes added through AppleTV's
"Learn Remote"-menu

For complete set of changes see README.txt or the changelog

Enabling MF-mode still possible (but not recommended) with:
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1
then into XBMC and back to frontrow. Launcher will now have an additional menu entry in settings. This toggles the default boot application... Now you can boot directly into XBMC/Boxee. Quitting XBMC/Boxee in this mode will return back to frontrow.
How to Install:

1) Check the Launcher update menu entry and update or 2) download from http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com and manually install.

Thanks for testing the betas!
Enjoy!

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Its great to see this released Smile

Keep up the good work.
Top job MaestroDD. I switched my Info.plist file back, updated to Launcher 3 and all is running smooth with the custom remote stuff.

Thanks for the hard work. If there is anything else you require testing please let me know.
Hi,

have upgraded from Launcher 3.0 beta5 from Frontrow. No problems I can report so far (or can reproduce Big Grin).
Hey, great work!!!

Experts, just a side question: if I understand correctly how Launcher works now there is no way of auto-launching XBMC and having the learned buttons kept. Just hoping for some workaround.

Usecase is following: I could use ATV for listening to music controlled by iPhone without TV to be switched on.
I can also use ATV for watching movie collection with advanced buttons in use.
Thanks in advance. -sircube
sircube Wrote:Hi,

have upgraded from Launcher 3.0 beta5 from Frontrow. No problems I can report so far (or can reproduce Big Grin).
Hey, great work!!!

Experts, just a side question: if I understand correctly how Launcher works now there is no way of auto-launching XBMC and having the learned buttons kept. Just hoping for some workaround.

Usecase is following: I could use ATV for listening to music controlled by iPhone without TV to be switched on.
I can also use ATV for watching movie collection with advanced buttons in use.
Thanks in advance. -sircube

granted i have no idea how it works, but is there no way to just have an applescript or something that launches xbmc once the launcher loads?
criti Wrote:granted i have no idea how it works, but is there no way to just have an applescript or something that launches xbmc once the launcher loads?

no.
sircube Wrote:Hi,
[...]
if I understand correctly how Launcher works now there is no way of auto-launching XBMC and having the learned buttons kept. Just hoping for some workaround.
[...]

currently no, sorry.
Feel free to open an issue

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 release0