#New Aeon Theme - Download Here#
Hitcher Wrote:Aeon uses the paths to display the images inside folders (ie calibration/calibrate-topleft-focus.png) so I assume that when you use a texture.xpr it simply can't find them.

Not True

the skin should be able to find images within folders within an xpr, my Aeon stark lite for xbox is in an xpr and all works fine.

theres something else amiss here. post your xprs and ill try them on the xbox. may just be a vista problem
Strange because I also made a texture.xpr recently and it never worked.
99% of skins have folders within the media folder, even the default pm3 contains the busy animations within a seperate folder and they still run from an xpr file, just fine.

and iv just noticed hitcher you stated you made a texture.xpr and the reason it probably didnt work was because you named it just that, instead of textures.xpr
Sorry, I meant textures.xpr.

Anyway, here's the error I get when trying to build it -

ERROR: 000005aa
ok just packed the the original textures and they work fine apart from some slight texture coruption, which im asumeing is down to the shear size of aeons textures (1080p) and the lack or RAM at my side (1GB) maxing out as its compressing and im uploading it to media fire now.

however i made a 720p xpr a while back which i will upload aswell because as far as i no theres no coruption with it.

i shall post links shortly
infact you can get my 720p textures at the start of this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47795
1080p texture.xpr http://www.mediafire.com/?zizyjzxyzwz

as i said some textures are corupt but i shall rebuild a few time to see if i can weed them out and will upload asap

so really this is just to see if it will run on your setup so we can try and narrow down why yours dont work. if this dosent work then theres something wrong at your end as it displays the textures on my vista system
tried rebuilding but same texturer glitches.

but you can leave your main media folder in tact and just compress the changed textures for you theme (I asume there arnt that many) that way they should compress fine and you can just stick that in the media folder as reptile.xpr and it should be selectable as a theme,

if you want zip up the changed files maintaining the folder structure of the media folder and upload it to media fire or something and post or PM me the link and ill compress them for you and post back the xpr.

but you will need to do it for midday tomorrow as im off to the prodigy gig in manchester late evening and wont be about untill late saturday

Whooo! role on tomorrow night
rudeboyx Wrote:but you will need to do it for midday tomorrow as im off to the prodigy gig in manchester late evening and wont be about untill late saturday

Jealous.

Dizzee's supporting isn't he?
Damn your going to see Prodigy Smile Please report back !
Been a prodigy fan since the charly days. Been to 4 gigs
over the years here in norway. I was let down by their last album but the new
one omen is prodigy at it's superb best !!

Okay im downloading your 1080 textures.xpr now to see if that works any better with me. gonna report back ! thanks for all support guys and
rock out in manchester Smile
ah the prodigy live at sterns, those were the days :/

ok carry on Big Grin
Update:
I tried your 1080 textures.xpr rudeboyx but they didn't work either.

So i decided to try all my textures on my linux box. On my linux box all
actually got read, but they all seem to have allotta corrupted textures
and performance was horrible. Seemed to take about a second to load each texture from the xpr file.

Conclusion so far:
XPR files dont work at all on my win vista machine for some reason.
XPR files work on my linux machine but they are corrupted.
PMIII xpr files work without a hitch on both my windows and linux machine.

I guess its something wrong with XPR Express program who in some way seem to create corrupted xpr files.

For testing i have made a download link with an xpr file wich only contains
all the textures for my reptile theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mwmzotinumj/Reptile.xpr

Is there any other program to create xpr files with ?
maybe its a specific XBMC build problem on your vista PC, try installing the lastest build.
As for XPR Express Make sure you have .net framework 2.0 and all its updates , but i agree the app is not perfect. for some reason you get texture coruption with some graphics. It uses a program called XBMCtex as its base so you could try using just XBMCtex to build your XPR but im not 100% sure how to use it (I know it involves customisig a batch file), but im sure you can find instructions someware in this forum or on the wiki page.

il test you reptile.xpr now

WOOOO! Not long to go, gonna get wasted should be making the official afterparty at the ruby lounge aswell. gona be a long session.
tested reptile.xpr and i agree although most textures showed up fine there were a couple of corupt ones and performance was terrible.

i believe its something to do with alpha channeling (Transparent areas) as these seem to be the only textures corupted. and iv read that you should keep these to a minimum when compressing to xprs, also try and keep file sizes to the power of 2 (ie a 78kb file will compress better than a 77kb file)
I understand. Hmmm i bellive that the whole xpr deal needs in some time to be seen on by team XBMC. I understand the idea of XPR file due to xbox
limitations at the time back then.¨

However times are moving on, and on now heavy computers are running xbmc. I feel that tweaking png files to make them work in an xpr file wich no longer serve any real purpoese atleast on PC/MAC.

How can skinners create themes in an easy way for the users. So that the user only have to download one file and copy it somewhere and choose it as theme in xbmc.

The idea of one file is good, however maybe somethign else than xpr ?

Jezz_X and J Marshall comments ? have i got everything wrong Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
#New Aeon Theme - Download Here#0