Upcoming XBMC Virtual Remote...
Rainbow 
Just thought id show a screen shot of what im currently doing to get some ideas flowing and feedback.

Im currently developing a Virtual Remote for XBMC using the event client. This enables me to test skins im developing as if im using a remote (saves me buying one just for the sake of it Wink).

I thought there were a few apps already that did this... XBMControl, etc?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hi, all current apps i am aware of use the HTTP API, however this uses the new Event Client. XBMC Control for example is for browsing files and playing files in XBMC where the sole purpose of this app is to virtually control XBMC as if a remote button was pressed.
Looks really neat. Nice to have an eventclient in yet another language Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

would be great especially if it could run on another machine.... I currently use XBMC Control (well atually just the navigator part) but it is limited in he buttons it simulates... def interested in this app but only on seperate mc.
Hi,

It already works on any machine thru the network. It does not have to be the same pc (just did screenshot on same pc for ease). All you do is specify host name or ip address & port of xbmc and off you go Big Grin
Aboslute sexyness, great work!
Good work, just give us a tell when there's a beta ready to abuse Smile
XBMC instances running on Linux and Mac (and Apple TV) can be discovered using Zeroconf ("_xbmc-web.tcp" and "_xbmc-events.udp" are the service names for the HTTP server and Event server respectively). The Windows build doesn't yet support this however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

eq2k,
you may want to consider integrating it into XBMControl... then you can have the best of all worlds with other controls also.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
d4rk Wrote:XBMC instances running on Linux and Mac (and Apple TV) can be discovered using Zeroconf ("_xbmc-web.tcp" and "_xbmc-events.udp" are the service names for the HTTP server and Event server respectively). The Windows build doesn't yet support this however.

Will have to get people to test Zeroconf for me as not got a linux build up and running yet, but have been wondering what Zeroconf was, but not had a chance to look it up.

Thanks for all the good feedback, I hope to release Beta 1 quite soon and link will be posted here.

EqUiNoX
Remote control over eventclient, interesting.

When you are done can you get your code on sourceforge or google code?

I'm kinda like the Borg and would love to assimilate your code into XBMControl .....

"resistance is futile."

Regards,

Kabooga
I will be uploading to some form of SVN not sure what yet, but your welcome to assimilate as much as you would like just make sure you give appropriate credit Big Grin

Anyway I've taken on board latest feedback and this is what i have come up with so far...

Just another idea I had and thought id put it out there before doing all the work on it. How about me adding a skin engine. I think how ive designed app it will be fairly straight forward for me to add one. What do you recon?
Well i went ahead and did a skin engine anyway and kept things similar to a xbmc skin so should be really easy to create custom skins that look however you want.

I have also added the ability to scale down the remote from 100% to 50%. So if you think looks to big on your screen you can scale it down.

Also if there are problems with your skin the program will tell you exactly where problem is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming XBMC Virtual Remote...1