Music Fanart?
Hello, everyone!

I was wondering if anyone triyed to make a MOD to show artist fanart in music views, just like in PM3.HD and some newer skins...
Mediastream is still my #1 skin, and these new features would be really welcome!!!

Thanks in advance!
I really don't have a clue about programming or anything, I just edited th includes.xml and modified the music background part to match the TV shows one.
It will just show you the artist fan art image when you are inside it (I mean, it won't cycle the background as you cycle through your library), and of course it doesn't have any configuration at all, but until someone with a little more knwoledge about skinning comes along, maybe it's a good starting point?

just replace the includes.xml in the 720p folder with this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fb312...f6e8ebb871

So, to anyone that sees this and wants to help:
* What do I change so that the fanart is displayed as background when cycling through artists, albums and songs?
* How do I add a config option to show or not show the fanart (like the ones for TV Shows and Movies)?
* How do I add the button that lets you browse, change or delete the fanart for an artist (like the one that let's you manage thumbs)?

thanks, and excuse my broken English
Wonderful!!!

I'm going to try this as soon as I get home!

Thanks, Feanor!!!
Nice one!

Once I finally get round to finishing and releasing MiniMeedia I plan to revisit MediaStream and tidy up a number of things that have popped up over the last few months (including music fanart).
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Nice one!

Once I finally get round to finishing and releasing MiniMeedia I plan to revisit MediaStream and tidy up a number of things that have popped up over the last few months (including music fanart).

That would be great!

But I've read in the minimedia topic that it's still a few months away... that's a lot of waiting time Smile

If you could just give us some pointers as to where to look, we coudl try and add music fanart support ourselves Smile
I really hope it's not months, I'm thinking more in terms of weeks Nod
What skins currently support music fanart. I have spent at least a decent 2 hours trying to get it to work but have failed miserably. Officially stumped. I am of course referring to the lush 1080p/720p full screen images and not the artist thumbs.

PS: Does MiniMedia support music Fanart?
The Thinker Wrote:What skins currently support music fanart. I have spent at least a decent 2 hours trying to get it to work but have failed miserably. Officially stumped. I am of course referring to the lush 1080p/720p full screen images and not the artist thumbs.

PS: Does MiniMedia support music Fanart?

Stark does, but it makes my xbox crawl to the floor and cry.
I think minimalko's mediastream mod supports music fanart, but I could never get it to work, I get a lot of skin errors, I posted the log in the thread but so far no one has answered that.

PH3.HD supports it, and there is a mod around that adds the functionality to the regular PH3 skin, and that one works pretty good
Thanks for that. I got them to work in PM3HD but can't really go back to it having used MediaStream for so long.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Fanart?0