Quick mediaflag question
I have been reading through all the posts concerning mediaflags, but I'm still unable to get it to display all information. I am really trying to learn so please go easy on me.. I just need a little bit of help. I'm using Media Companion to create the nfo's, fanart and tbn. I then use Media Flag Updater to add mediaflag info to the nfo's, but it still doesnt work as it should. Here's an nfo for one of my movies.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <title>Ekusu makina</title>
  <rating>7.3</rating>
  <year>2007</year>
  <top250>0</top250>
  <votes>1,918</votes>
  <outline>When a paramilitary task force called E.S.W.A.T. and its operations in the year 2199 Olympus, a futuristic utopia where humans...</outline>
  <plot>When a paramilitary task force called E.S.W.A.T. and its operations in the year 2199 Olympus, a futuristic utopia where humans, cyborgs, and bio-engineered human beings called Bioroids are attempting to live in perfect harmony. However, a series of random terrorist attacks perpetrated by cyborgs and humans alike threaten to throw Olympus into total chaos. As it turns out, these humans and machines have come under the influence of an unknown electronic signal that hacks into their nervous systems and they then become the unwilling servants of a malevolent computerized entity. Thrown into the action is the plucky female E.S.W.A.T. warrior Deunan Knute and her cyborg lover/partner Briareos as they investigate these bizarre occurrences with the other members of their unit. Things become complicated when a bioroid named Tereus, who resembles Briareous in his human form, joins their unit and threatens to come between their relationship. But these three must put aside their differences to face an even greater threat that promises world destruction in its wake.</plot>
  <runtime>USA:103 min (DVD version) | Argentina:105 min</runtime>
  <mpaa>Rated PG-13 for action/violence and brief strong language.</mpaa>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <id>tt1043842</id>
  <filename>Appleseed Ex Machina.wmv</filename>
  <genre>Animation / Action / Sci-Fi</genre>
  <credits>Masamune Shirow / Kiyoto Takeuchi</credits>
  <director>Shinji Aramaki</director>
  <studio>Digital Frontier /  / VC-1 / 1080p / 162 / 6ch / eng / </studio>
  <actor>
    <name>Ai Kobayashi</name>
    <role>Deunan Knute</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>K&amp;#xF4;ichi Yamadera</name>
    <role>Brialeos Hecatombcales</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Y&amp;#xFB;ji Kishi</name>
    <role>Tereus (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Kong Kuwata</name>
    <role>Aeacus (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Shinpachi Tsuji</name>
    <role>Commander Lance (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Gara Takashima</name>
    <role>Athena</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Rei Igarashi</name>
    <role>Nike (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Rica Fukami</name>
    <role>Yoshino (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Takaya Hashi</name>
    <role>Dr. Kestner (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Miyuki Sawashiro</name>
    <role>Hitomi (voice)</role>
  </actor>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <codec>VC-1</codec>
        <formatinfo />
        <duration>01:44:20.291</duration>
        <bitrate>9 982 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode>VBR</bitratemode>
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.wmv</container>
        <codecid>WVC1</codecid>
        <codecinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.778</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>eng</language>
        <codec>162</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>640 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

It will display the 1080p part, but nothing else. No studio, audio, etc. Is there something wrong in the nfo? I really want to get this working as it's the only thing left that I haven't got working right. I tried using media companion by itself as I read it would add the appropriate stuff to the nfo, but it doesn't. I just cant figure out what to do to get everything to properly show up. Thanks for any help. Aeon is such a beautiful skin! I sometimes find myself going through all the menus just looking at everything. Big Grin
Drizz Wrote:I have been reading through all the posts concerning mediaflags, but I'm still unable to get it to display all information. I am really trying to learn so please go easy on me.. I just need a little bit of help. I'm using Media Companion to create the nfo's, fanart and tbn. I then use Media Flag Updater to add mediaflag info to the nfo's, but it still doesnt work as it should. Here's an nfo for one of my movies.

It will display the 1080p part, but nothing else. No studio, audio, etc. Is there something wrong in the nfo? I really want to get this working as it's the only thing left that I haven't got working right. I tried using media companion by itself as I read it would add the appropriate stuff to the nfo, but it doesn't. I just cant figure out what to do to get everything to properly show up. Thanks for any help. Aeon is such a beautiful skin! I sometimes find myself going through all the menus just looking at everything. Big Grin

As far as I can see it miss the audio type "AC-3", "DTS", etc.
For the source it has to be in the file name like "Changeling.blueray.avi"

Talking about the audio I cannot be sure but I think it's a problem of the Media Flag Updater.

So to recap AEON has 4 tag
1) Studio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
2) Source: It has to be in the file name
3) Resolution: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
4) Audio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file

You also need to update the library in xbmc to make it works.

Bye
Max
MaxNL Wrote:So to recap AEON has 4 tag
1) Studio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
2) Source: It has to be in the file name
3) Resolution: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
4) Audio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file

Max

Max or anyone, can you clarify or point to where I can find this info?

I pulled the studio tab out of my nfo for the movie Australia and it looks like this:
<studio>Bazmark Films / / XVID / 576p / MP3 / 2ch / </studio>

The first section after studio is blank, what would go there, is is source like DVD, TV, BluRay? What are all the options to use?

Is there a post or a place to see what each section is for and what the options for each section are?

Many thanks!
PilGrim Wrote:Max or anyone, can you clarify or point to where I can find this info?

I pulled the studio tab out of my nfo for the movie Australia and it looks like this:
<studio>Bazmark Films / / XVID / 576p / MP3 / 2ch / </studio>

The first section after studio is blank, what would go there, is is source like DVD, TV, BluRay? What are all the options to use?

Is there a post or a place to see what each section is for and what the options for each section are?

Many thanks!

You have to actually rename your media file to get the source. So : Australia.SDDVD.MP4 or AVI or whatever filetype it is. Try editing the NFO and replace MP3 with AC-3 or DTS, I don't think MP3 media flags are supported by default.
I would recommend using MIP (Media Info Plus) to do the flags. It does a good job for the most part. Keep in mind there are a finite number of studios available so not all the studios may work

the resolution should be right after the studio
so it should be in the following format AFAIK

<studio>studio name / resolution / video codec / audio format / number of channels / language / subtitle language1/ subtitle language2... </studio>
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm going to track down that media info plus and give it a try. Hope it works, I really like all these screenshots I've been seeing with the mediaflags working.
Ok so I cant imagine what I could be doing wrong. I'm getting desperate here. I have tried everything suggested in this thread and in others I have read and the mediaflags still arent showing up. I used Media info plus to rescan my movies and still no go. Here's a nfo created by MIP. It seems to have all the stuff about my file in there, I dont know why it wont show up.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-04-15T23:57:06.1038726-05:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>692</height>
        <codec>VC-1</codec>
        <formatinfo>VC-1</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 40mn 38s 916ms</duration>
        <bitrate>4 609 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode>Variable</bitratemode>
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.wmv</container>
        <codecid>WVC1</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.850</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>WMA3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>750 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>MirrorMask </title>
  <rating>7.0</rating>
  <year>2005</year>
  <top250 />
  <votes>8,797</votes>
  <outline>In a fantasy world of opposing kingdoms, a 15-year old girl must find the fabled MirrorMask in order to save the kingdom and get home. </outline>
  <plot>In a fantasy world of opposing kingdoms, a 15-year old girl named Helena who works at the family circus with her father and mother, who wishes--quite ironically--that she could run away from the circus and join 'real life'. But such is not to be the case, as she finds herself on a strange journey into the Dark Lands, a fantastic landscape filled with giants, Monkeybirds and dangerous sphinxes. She must find the fabled MirrorMask in order to save the kingdom and get back home.</plot>
  <tagline>An extraordinary dream quest to rescue a world out of balance. </tagline>
  <runtime>101 min </runtime>
  <thumb />
  <fanart url="http://www.themoviedb.org/">
    <thumb preview="image/backdrops/22346/mirror_mask_art_thumb.jpg">image/backdrops/22346/mirror_mask_art.jpg</thumb>
    <thumb preview="image/backdrops/28649/mirrormask-fanart_thumb.jpg">image/backdrops/28649/mirrormask-fanart.jpg</thumb>
  </fanart>
  <mpaa> Rated PG for some mild thematic elements and scary images.</mpaa>
  <certification>USA:PG</certification>
  <playcount />
  <File />
  <Path />
  <filenameandpath />
  <id>tt0366780</id>
  <genre>Adventure / Drama / Family / Fantasy</genre>
  <credits>Neil Gaiman / Dave McKean</credits>
  <director>Dave McKean</director>
  <premiered />
  <status />
  <studio>Jim Henson Productions</studio>
  <studioreal>Jim Henson Productions</studioreal>
  <album />
  <trailer />
  <watched>no</watched>
  <actor>
    <name>Stephanie Leonidas</name>
    <role>Helena</role>
    <thumb>http://i.media-imdb.com/images/tn15/addtiny.gif</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jason Barry</name>
    <role>Valentine</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3NDUzNTg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY3NTg2MQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Gina McKee</name>
    <role>Joanne Campbell</role>
    <thumb>http://i.media-imdb.com/images/tn15/addtiny.gif</thumb>
  </actor>
</movie>

Here's the screenshot of what I see while in xbmc.. Click for hi-res
No media flags Huh Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
um... my knowledge of this stuff is very limited but...

have you tried pressing "i" on whichever movie is a problem and clicking on "reload"

sorry if this is completely obvious and you have done it already
Are you running the recommended build of XBMC? Are you running the version of Aeon from github?

edit... it doesn't have the required tags in the studio field... you need to enable skin based media tagging in the MiP settings.
redtapemedia Wrote:Are you running the recommended build of XBMC? Are you running the version of Aeon from github?

edit... it doesn't have the required tags in the studio field... you need to enable skin based media tagging in the MiP settings.

Ok thanks for that, I enabled that setting and it now displays the resolution, but nothing else.. By the way I'm using the 0.91 release of Aeon Stark available on aeonproject.com and the latest windows binary of xbmc. I cant even figure out how to get the mediaflags working so I doubt I'll be able to get the whole github thing figured out. I'm experienced with svn, but not github. If I can get the mediaflags worked out, then I may try my hand at getting the latest Aeon builds from github. I've been using xbmc since 2002 and this is the most trouble I've had with any setting so far. Here's a bit of the new nfo with the skin based media tagging enabled.

Code:
<studio>Jim Henson Productions / 720p / WVC1 / WMA3 / 6ch / </studio>
Looks like it has all the right information.. I haven't a clue as to why its not displaying.
I'm not sure about this, but maybe WVC1 and WMA3 are not interpreted and displayed with any icons. I only have files with AC3 and DTS and I never had any problem with these.

Only problem I have at the moment with the media flaggin is that I don't see any studio icons. The studio tags are there but I don't see any studio flag. I'm running the newest Aeon version from github and the recommended windows build for Aeon. With Aeon 0.91 the studio flags worked for me but then I started playing around with different versions of MIP and suddenly after getting the latest version of Aeon from github they are gone. I removed all my movie sources from XBMC and added them again, but didn't help. So I reloaded some of the movies with popular studios like WB but it didn't help either.

Anybody know what the problem could be?
Montellese Wrote:I'm not sure about this, but maybe WVC1 and WMA3 are not interpreted and displayed with any icons. I only have files with AC3 and DTS and I never had any problem with these.

Only problem I have at the moment with the media flaggin is that I don't see any studio icons. The studio tags are there but I don't see any studio flag. I'm running the newest Aeon version from github and the recommended windows build for Aeon. With Aeon 0.91 the studio flags worked for me but then I started playing around with different versions of MIP and suddenly after getting the latest version of Aeon from github they are gone. I removed all my movie sources from XBMC and added them again, but didn't help. So I reloaded some of the movies with popular studios like WB but it didn't help either.

Anybody know what the problem could be?

Maybe some funny stuff with multiple nfo files? I don't know if you have both movie and movie name nfo's, but have you opened them with a text editor and checked the studio field?
Drizz Wrote:Ok thanks for that, I enabled that setting and it now displays the resolution, but nothing else.. By the way I'm using the 0.91 release of Aeon Stark available on aeonproject.com and the latest windows binary of xbmc. I cant even figure out how to get the mediaflags working so I doubt I'll be able to get the whole github thing figured out. I'm experienced with svn, but not github. If I can get the mediaflags worked out, then I may try my hand at getting the latest Aeon builds from github. I've been using xbmc since 2002 and this is the most trouble I've had with any setting so far. Here's a bit of the new nfo with the skin based media tagging enabled.

Code:
<studio>Jim Henson Productions / 720p / WVC1 / WMA3 / 6ch / </studio>
Looks like it has all the right information.. I haven't a clue as to why its not displaying.

Just as a test manually edit the WMA3 tag to say DTS or something. Also having renamed the movie (make sure you include "SDDVD" or "bluray" in the file name) you may need to reimport into XBMC. What I do is go into the "Videos" section, browse to the actual file, press "i" then go back to the "Movies" section. You might see the same movie twice, one of them will be tagged, the other not... give it a try anyway, the media info doesn't have to be correct, we're just trying to establish if it's working or not.
Well thanks for your help and suggestions. I'm sad that I cant get this working. I wish there was a tutorial on getting mediaflags to work. I know people have them working properly as I see them in the screenshots. I've been messing with this for about 12 hrs now and I'm just at a loss. I dont know what else I can possibly do to get them to display. As you said, maybe it isnt recognizing the wvc1, but it should still display the audio and studio. All it will display is the resolution.. How depressing.

*Edit*
redtapemedia Wrote:Just as a test manually edit the WMA3 tag to say DTS or something. Also having renamed the movie (make sure you include "SDDVD" or "bluray" in the file name) you may need to reimport into XBMC. What I do is go into the "Videos" section, browse to the actual file, press "i" then go back to the "Movies" section. You might see the same movie twice, one of them will be tagged, the other not... give it a try anyway, the media info doesn't have to be correct, we're just trying to establish if it's working or not.

That worked. I guess it just doesnt recognize the WMA3 audio. All my hd movies are wmvhd with wma3 5.1 audio.. Maybe someday soon the mediaflags will support that. Still dont know whats up with the studio not showing up though.. Thanks again for your help. Must get sleep now, I can hardly see straight lol.
redtapemedia Wrote:Maybe some funny stuff with multiple nfo files? I don't know if you have both movie and movie name nfo's, but have you opened them with a text editor and checked the studio field?

I have all my movies in the same folder and there are only nfo's like "300.nfo" and some nfo's with ".oldversion" behind them which are created by MIP I guess.

Yes I have checked the studio tag and it looks perfectly fine. All the other media flags like 1080p/720p and DTS/DD 5.1 etc work like they are supposed to. If I get home I will check if maybe I'm lacking the images for the studio icons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick mediaflag question0