Quick mediaflag question
Drizz Wrote:Still dont know whats up with the studio not showing up though..

Like I said before there are only a certian number of studios that are coded and have images...

Most likely Jim Henson Productions is not defined in your Includes_MediaFlags.xml file. I think the expansion of defined studios and images is being somewhat maintained by other users on the board. ..This is a good thread to check out: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48315

As for how to make Jim Henson Productions work...

Download this image created by v0lrath..

and added this code to your Includes_MediaFlags.xml file

Code:
<control type="image" id="81">
    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
    <texture>flags/jim henson.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(listitem.studio,Jim Henson)</visible>
</control>

In the same section were the other Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars entries are located.

and

Code:
    <include>Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars</include>
</control>

In the same section were the other Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars are located

That should make it show up in both the panel and showcase view.

Check out FernFerrets site at http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/

For more studio flags and the code needed to make them show up, until a pack with all the newly created flags are created.
Drizz Wrote:Ok thanks for that, I enabled that setting and it now displays the resolution, but nothing else.. By the way I'm using the 0.91 release of Aeon Stark available on aeonproject.com and the latest windows binary of xbmc. I cant even figure out how to get the mediaflags working so I doubt I'll be able to get the whole github thing figured out. I'm experienced with svn, but not github. If I can get the mediaflags worked out, then I may try my hand at getting the latest Aeon builds from github. I've been using xbmc since 2002 and this is the most trouble I've had with any setting so far. Here's a bit of the new nfo with the skin based media tagging enabled.

Code:
<studio>Jim Henson Productions / 720p / WVC1 / WMA3 / 6ch / </studio>
  <studioreal>Jim Henson Productions</studioreal>
Looks like it has all the right information.. I haven't a clue as to why its not displaying.

Let try:
AEON has 4 tag
1) Studio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
from your example "Jim Henson Production" to display the tag it is needed that the image of the logo is present in the media/tag directory of the aeon skin and that in the 720p/includes_mediaflag.xml contain a section for this studio (check the post about studio flag in the forum)

2) Source: It has to be in the file name
in the filename there has to be the source of the movie, actualy the only one recognized are: hddvd, bluray, sddvd, hdtv (it is also in the 720p/includes_mediaflag.xml)

3) Resolution: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
Just right what's in your studio tag example

4) Audio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
from your example "WMA3" is not recognized, the only audio type recognized are dts and ac-3

Unfortunately it is not an automatic process if you want everything tagged properly, then you need to start learn and coding the includes_mediaflag.xml according to your needs.

Hope this is helpful.
Bye
Max
Hopefully in newer versions of Aeon MP3, AAC and other audio formats will be included by default.
masterosok Wrote:Like I said before there are only a certian number of studios that are coded and have images...

Most likely Jim Henson Productions is not defined in your Includes_MediaFlags.xml file. I think the expansion of defined studios and images is being somewhat maintained by other users on the board. ..This is a good thread to check out: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48315

As for how to make Jim Henson Productions work...

Download this image created by v0lrath..

and added this code to your Includes_MediaFlags.xml file

Code:
    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
</control>

In the same section were the other Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars entries are located.

and

Code:
    <include>Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars</include>
</control>

In the same section were the other Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars are located

That should make it show up in both the panel and showcase view.

Check out FernFerrets site at http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/

For more studio flags and the code needed to make them show up, until a pack with all the newly created flags are created.

Thank you so much Smile . It wasnt just the Jim Henson studio, none of em are showing up. I have everything else ironed out. I'm about to check out that link you posted and try to get the studio tags working. Just need to figure out where to put the studio icons. I seriously appreciate everyone's help and information. I hope more tags will be supported in the future.. Mediaflags are such a cool feature.
I concur, and if the link you're refering to is http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/, please wait a few hours before trying that, It will most likely not be enough of the icons for ya right now, we're working on an update literally right now, I just got bored of uploading files and decided to chill in the forums for a few mins.

--FF
Hi All,

I have struggled with this a lot also, but am getting closer.

I have a question on the naming for the support files, does it matter much if they are named after the movie name as opposed to movie.nfo? for example

MyMovie-CD1.avi
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

or does

MyMovie.nfo
MyMovie.tbn

work better.

I think fan art always needs to be;
MyMovie-fanart.jpg yes?

Thanks.
MaxNL Wrote:Let try:
AEON has 4 tag
1) Studio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
from your example "Jim Henson Production" to display the tag it is needed that the image of the logo is present in the media/tag directory of the aeon skin and that in the 720p/includes_mediaflag.xml contain a section for this studio (check the post about studio flag in the forum)

2) Source: It has to be in the file name
in the filename there has to be the source of the movie, actualy the only one recognized are: hddvd, bluray, sddvd, hdtv (it is also in the 720p/includes_mediaflag.xml)

3) Resolution: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
Just right what's in your studio tag example

4) Audio: It has to be in the studio tag of the nfo file
from your example "WMA3" is not recognized, the only audio type recognized are dts and ac-3

Unfortunately it is not an automatic process if you want everything tagged properly, then you need to start learn and coding the includes_mediaflag.xml according to your needs.

Hope this is helpful.
Bye
Max

Yes, it was very helpful. Everything you guys have posted has been extremely helpful. I now have all tags working properly and I must say it's nice to finally have a fully functioning Aeon! I cant get over how great this skin looks! Thanks again to everyone! Oh and fernferret, your site is great the studio icons are working perfectly. Smile
OK pulling my hair out here, trying to get anything to show up.

I have folder: 300\300.Bluray.mp4
Also in the 300 folder I have:
300.nfo
300.tbn
300-fanart.jpg
backdrop.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.tbn

How do I get XBMC/Aeon to use the nfo file? When ever I rescan it just scrapes IMDB.

In my 300.nfo:
Code:
<studio> Warner Bros / 1080p / avc1 / AAC / 6ch / </studio>
  <studioreal> Warner Bros</studioreal>

What am I doing wrong? I have also tried MIP and set "support skin based flagging". But still nothing Sad I know AAC is not supported but cant even get 1080p or Bluray to display.

Aeon 9.1 Stark
XBMC_for_Windows-8.10
You do need to update the xbmc version the 8.10 doesn't support media tagging as far as I know.

Bye
Max
Xeee Wrote:OK pulling my hair out here, trying to get anything to show up.

I have folder: 300\300.Bluray.mp4
Also in the 300 folder I have:
300.nfo
300.tbn
300-fanart.jpg
backdrop.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.tbn

How do I get XBMC/Aeon to use the nfo file? When ever I rescan it just scrapes IMDB.

In my 300.nfo:
Code:
<studio> Warner Bros / 1080p / avc1 / AAC / 6ch / </studio>
  <studioreal> Warner Bros</studioreal>

What am I doing wrong? I have also tried MIP and set "support skin based flagging". But still nothing Sad I know AAC is not supported but cant even get 1080p or Bluray to display.

Aeon 9.1 Stark
XBMC_for_Windows-8.10

I know it seems daunting, but it's really not. Even after all the trouble I was having at first I now realize just how simple it really is. Just make sure your running the latest Xbmc build and latest Aeon. Here's a bit of one of my nfo's that displays all media flags properly. You should also go to FernFerrets site http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/ and grab the studio icon pack. Make sure you get the one for nfo's.

Code:
<studio>Constantin Film Produktion / 720p / Bluray / ac-3 / 6ch / </studio>
Maybe you can go by that and get yours working.
OK guys, people have edited the studios to get more, but has anyone made one so when the audio fetched from MiP says MPEG Audio, it will come up with MP3?

Thanks if anyone can help

EDIT: also one for xvid in the source, i know its not technically a source, but I don't want to edit my file names, and this is what MiP puts in that spot.
Those formats aren't supported in Aeon yet. I'm hoping for support for more media types soon as well. Right now only hdtv, bluray, hddvd, sddvd, dts, and ac-3. Hopefully formats like xvid, x264, wmvhd, etc will be added.. It would look really cool to have media flags for all my media.
Yeah, i realise it doesn't support them, but I though if you can edit the studios and add more why can't you add more sources and audios.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
kulprit Wrote:Yeah, i realise it doesn't support them, but I though if you can edit the studios and add more why can't you add more sources and audios.

You can add more sources / audio. I'm sure there were details posted here somewhere but I can't find them.
kulprit Wrote:Yeah, i realise it doesn't support them, but I though if you can edit the studios and add more why can't you add more sources and audios.

Oh, okay, got ya.. Sorry should have read that more closely. If anyone comes across how to add more audio/video sources please post it. I'm very interested in this also. All my hdtv stuff looks great with the mediaflags, but I'd also like to get the xvid and x264 stuff to show up along with whatever audio they may have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick mediaflag question0