• 3(current)
You can have three new views. Discuss.
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Do you think my suggestion on the first page could be realisable?

It's possible but grotesquely time-consuming. I don't have the time, so I doubt it'll happen.
Can't offer many details, since I don't know why it fell through in the first place, but the tablet-based idea for TV shows was my favorite. I'd throw my vote into getting something similar to it working for TV shows. The new list view will be much better than what we have now, but I think the tablet view would certainly have the wow factor showcase does.
I for one think this is a bad move djh_, in my opinion you shouldn't have created this topic at all, not at the moment, in the future, yes.

This will only generate lots of discussion/confusion and everyone will have different takes on how they want things, that's for sure.

My suggestion? Would be to simply finish the skin... Finish that new list view and leave all the current 4 views like they are and finish the rest of the skin, polish it and etc...

When all that's done, create a thread like this and discuss at will so the skin can be further improved. You want to improve something when it's not even finished, I would say to finish the skin first. There are so many important things that this skin doesn't have yet... For instance, the video playback info and some of the mods out there should be in the skin itself (although optionally and configurable).

Otherwise, the skin will always be somewhat incomplete...

Don't get me wrong, you're doing an wonderful work with Aeon.
I agree, Nazgulled. At this point i feel it's more important to have an 'official' 1.0/finished/first complete version of Aeon before jumping into new great adventures.
I agree with Nazgulled as well
Larger image type view using fanart for Movies -

Or with Posters -

Same again for TV Shows -

Large episode thumb -

Pictures would also benefit from more screen space.
just a quick mockup for a more informative view but still having the fanart. pretty much just a combination of the home menu and info panel

Hitcher Wrote:Larger image type view using fanart for Movies -

Same again for TV Shows -

Large episode thumb -

Pictures would also benefit from more screen space.

What version of Mediastream is this? I'd love to have that view.
I was about to say we should pick my spinning wheel by default, since no one else was making any suggestions specific to the question, but then Hitcher and criti had to go and spoil it. :p

I still like my idea though. Aeon is by nature an unlayered beast. The panes of glass thing is a MediaStream idea. A good fourth view should attempt to avoid the panes of glass look, maintain a fullscreen backdrop, and cover only a small percentage of the screen with banners.

For that reason, I'm sticking with my spinning wheel. Now I just wish someone who could actually do mock-ups would do one for me, so it didn't look like a 4th grader drawing in the bathroom.
Nazgulled Wrote:I for one think this is a bad move djh_, in my opinion you shouldn't have created this topic at all, not at the moment, in the future, yes.

This will only generate lots of discussion/confusion and everyone will have different takes on how they want things, that's for sure.

My suggestion? Would be to simply finish the skin... Finish that new list view and leave all the current 4 views like they are and finish the rest of the skin, polish it and etc...

At which point did I suggest this would be happening any time soon?

And please don't tell me which topics I should and shouldn't create.
I always thought it would be cool to have a view that looked like Aeon's home page. Personally, it is my favorite part of the skin and the part that is instantly recognizable as "AEON." There are a ton of challenges that basically make it not very feasable - i tried to overcome the first major one which is horizontal scrolling of titles is a bitch when you have a lot. I havent done too much with the xml files in xbmc skins so i dont know if a letter filer like this is possible - or if it will be enough to overcome the un-userfriendlyness of scrolling titles a few at a time. The other major problem is that generally home screens look different than media screens. This is for good reason - it is nice to know instantly when you are looking at a menu vs. looking at a list. Anyway just my first idea - i have another mockup that i will do up later this weekend. Oh yeah, not sure if you could make this work with TV or music.

I think home is home and should't be used as a view. For me its not logical to combine these two because home view should have a superior design that distinguishes itself of the view-designs.
now its been a long time since i worked on xbmc, but didn't the devs code a preview movie system like back with MXM where hovering over a file will start playing a trailer or movie clip in a preview window? something like that would be nice to have back.

i.e. hover over a folder for a tv show, and it starts playing the intro credits to the show with the theme music, or hover over a movie and it plays either a trailer in the movie directory or a youtube link in the library.
thrasherx Wrote:What version of Mediastream is this? I'd love to have that view.

It's my Fanart mod.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45292
Nmarconi Wrote:Image

This looks nice, but if you have more than a few movies, it would be a royal pain to navigate. Oo
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You can have three new views. Discuss.0