• 4(current)
You can have three new views. Discuss.
criti Wrote:now its been a long time since i worked on xbmc, but didn't the devs code a preview movie system like back with MXM where hovering over a file will start playing a trailer or movie clip in a preview window? something like that would be nice to have back.

i.e. hover over a folder for a tv show, and it starts playing the intro credits to the show with the theme music, or hover over a movie and it plays either a trailer in the movie directory or a youtube link in the library.

I would love to see something like this as well, although it would probably result to a lot of work on the user-side of things. It would be worth it though for sure. Smile
I just would like the info to come up on both movies and tv show episodes if you hover over one for around 2 seconds or something, I don´t like having to hit the info button.

But even without that this is the greatest media center skin ever! :-))))
| Intel Quad Core 9400 @ 2.66Ghz | Asus P5Q Motherboard | Corsair PC6400 DDR2 4096MB @ 800Mhz | 4 SATA HD's| Gainward Geforce 9800 GT 1GB | Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 soundcard | Samsung 225BW 22" Monitor| Antec Three Hundred Case| Windows XP Pro (Vista sucks) | Telia 24Mbit DSL | iPhone 16Gb Black| Ipod Touch 8Gb | Samsung 46" LCD TV LE-46A557 |
Quote:I just would like the info to come up on both movies and tv show episodes if you hover over one for around 2 seconds or something, I don´t like having to hit the info button.

I second that, if you could make that an option would be awesome. I have a separate monitor on the outside of my "theater room" where i chose the movie and than use the external player to send it to my projector (which freezes xbmc). So having the info up there while im watching a movie would be a nice touch.

btw incredible job with the skin, constantly wow's who see it for the first time.
What about something along the lines of this (from a mockup of XBMC33GK's "Xperience" skin concept). It looks like the Xperience developers have decided to go with only a *slightly* different layout Wink, but maybe they wouldn't mind if this layout concept was integrated with Aeon - I think it would fit the Aeon look and feel very nicely and could be made to look pretty different graphically while keeping the general positioning of the elements on the screen. Sorry I don't have the photoshop skills to do a mockup of this in Aeon-style. Obviously the fonts and graphical elements would be different, media flags could go along the bottom of the screen, etc.

babyface Wrote:What about something along the lines of this (from an old mockup of XBMC33GK's "Xperience" skin concept). It looks like the Xperience developers have decided to go with only a *slightly* different layout, but maybe they wouldn't mind if this layout concept was integrated with Aeon - I think it would fit the Aeon look and feel very nicely and could be made to look pretty different graphically while keeping the general positioning of the elements on the screen. Sorry I don't have the photoshop skills to do a mockup of this in Aeon-style. Obviously the fonts and graphical elements would be different, media flags could go along the bottom of the screen, etc.

[I MG]http://phyletik.com/misc/xperience/5.jpg[/img]
That gets my vote. It provides lots of details but looks great at the same time.
LaTropa64 Wrote:That gets my vote. It provides lots of details but looks great at the same time.

Looks good, but I'd love to see a list view where the list goes all the way or almost all the way to the top and bottom of the screen rather than being in a box. The point of list view is to see a big list of the movies, so why not show as many as possible?
djh_ Wrote:And please don't tell me which topics I should and shouldn't create.
No need to be that rude...
LaTropa64 Wrote:That gets my vote. It provides lots of details but looks great at the same time.

I can't say I'm much of a fan. It's just a bit too cluttered/overdone for my tastes.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Nazgulled Wrote:No need to be that rude...

How was he being rude?
Just a quick mockup.

Nmarconi Wrote:I always thought it would be cool to have a view that looked like Aeon's home page. Personally, it is my favorite part of the skin and the part that is instantly recognizable as "AEON." There are a ton of challenges that basically make it not very feasable - i tried to overcome the first major one which is horizontal scrolling of titles is a bitch when you have a lot. I havent done too much with the xml files in xbmc skins so i dont know if a letter filer like this is possible - or if it will be enough to overcome the un-userfriendlyness of scrolling titles a few at a time. The other major problem is that generally home screens look different than media screens. This is for good reason - it is nice to know instantly when you are looking at a menu vs. looking at a list. Anyway just my first idea - i have another mockup that i will do up later this weekend. Oh yeah, not sure if you could make this work with TV or music.

Nmarconi

Looks very cool. Have a quick question for you though. Im using the Aeon Stark skin and have yet to figure out how to get the icons for the studio, DVD or Blu-ray, resolution and sound codec to show up. The studio icons are showing up for a couple of my movies but that is it. What is the easiest way to do itHuh

THANKS A BUNCH!
Songs mockup to match.
jondr13 Wrote:Nmarconi

Looks very cool. Have a quick question for you though. Im using the Aeon Stark skin and have yet to figure out how to get the icons for the studio, DVD or Blu-ray, resolution and sound codec to show up. The studio icons are showing up for a couple of my movies but that is it. What is the easiest way to do itHuh

THANKS A BUNCH!

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48990

We should really look at pinning a topic about mediaflags...
Just wondering, has anybody else thought about, or have ideas for, pictures? I'm thinking of a few, but i'm wondering if less attention is paid to pictures by the majority of users and, probably, skinners, too?
Just another vote for something for the Television group similar to Mediastream's take on series, seasons, etc. I personally like the wide banners in a list as a good way to get more information on the screen in a nice looking way.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You can have three new views. Discuss.0