Couple of questions..
Question 
Hey guys, I ordered all the parts to build myself a nice media center PC earlier this week. I am getting the last part today.

I have been setting up and trying out XBMC with the Aeon skin for the past week now, and I have really gotten to like it.

But there are a few things that I still cant figure out how to do (if you can even do them).

1. How do you view the info on moves?
-I have media Companion, and I have built all the information about all my movies using it. I noticed that it builds the "Plot" and other information like that into the .nfo files. How do you see that info in XMBC?

2. How do I get rid of the Folder selection when I click on the Videos tab?
- I just want to be able to click "Video" and then have it be directed directly to the folder with all my movies. I don't want to have to click "Videos" then scroll to "My Movies Folder" (it would make it much simpler for my friends who arnt as familiar with the interface).
1. Press the "I" key on your keyboard to get the info view.

2. Use the "Movies" shortcut in main menu. "Videos" is for files view, "Movies" for library view.
Montellese Wrote:1. Press the "I" key on your keyboard to get the info view.

2. Use the "Movies" shortcut in main menu. "Videos" is for files view, "Movies" for library view.

I tied pressing "I" when I was in the movies selection menu with a movie selected, but it did nothing. I also tried pressing "I" when it was playing, but only a thumbnail popped up.?

When I go to Movies instead of Videos, it goes to the exact same menu no matter which one I choose.

Sad
Movies has the data, videos do not (I don't think).

Movies uses the library and scrapping to display your movies. "I" in this section should show your information if you have setup content and run a scrapper/import. The Library is a database on movie info essentially.

Videos just use your folder structure, aka name a folder or file XXX.Bluray.avi and that is what you will see on screen. I am not sure what "i" does for video screen since it doesn't use the library aka pliot director etc.
Ok, well I fixed both problems somehow. The Movies menu just started working the rite way, now it just goes straight to my movies when it is selected. After that started working I tried pressing the "I" button in that menu, and it brought up a new menu, so I got all that info loaded and it works great now.

So thanks guys for your help on those two things.

Now I have one last question rite now.

How do I get the weather working?

The weather stuff shows up, but it isn't working. I have my correct city and zip code in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of questions..0