Even with 'Bluray' in the filename of my movies, the bluray flag isn't showing...?
Can someone tell me which xbmc build is best for Aeon Stark and flags, I couldn't find it when searching through the threads here

Thanks
Download the latest SVN build for your platform here. Note that you need a SVN (i.e. development) build.
After installing, rescan your library and it is done.
I'm running SVN 19724, I have "BluRay" in both the folder name and the <studio> tag, but no flags show - res, studio and audio flags are fine! Any ideas? Confused

Btw. a bit OT; can anyone explain where MiP gets it's video data (res, audio etc.) from? I have a few movies with DTS which doesn't show in either the folder or filename, but MiP gets it correct! I've read it doesn't read anything from the actual file, but how can it figure this out, if that's the case?
it use a dll which extract it from the video file.
Cool, so it does get some info from the actual file... ?

That means it'll probably never get it wrong (unless it's some unspecified format which it doesn't recognize of course!), right?
I'm asking, because if it isn't in the folder name from the get-go, even I don't know if it's DTS without using some media reader-app...
it seams to be able to recognize most of used format.
Glad I got that cleared up... !

But still, anyone who can explain why the source flag won't show?
Because you've got it in the folder name and not the video file.
hmmm I ran into a similar problem and just decided I am fine with the 1080p flag and don't really need the bluray.

Funny thing though when using the convention TITLE.bluray.mkv, 1 of my 2 test files showed the bluray flag properly, no clue why the second didn't show up.

Then I ran into issues with MIP and cover art... If I named the files TITLE.blueray.mkv MIP has problems finding the movie. If I used TITLE-bluray.mkv, MIP could strip the bluray portion and find the movie but then the tbn was named wrong and xbmc wouldn't pick it up. I assume this is because I only use non-generic file names for may images aka TITLE.nfo, TITLE-fanart.jpg.

I gave up and figured its not worth it.

I may just copy over the bluray/DVD flag images from aeon and rename them to match the resolution files... so instead of 1080p it will show bluray and instead of 480p/i it will show the DVD image... bah I am too lazy for that too lol
easiest way is to use

fanart.jpg, movie.tbn, movie.nfo as your support files inside your movie dir
Yes you are right... then you have to rename fanart files used in the "random" fanart folder for the menu screen...

6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other I guess. I probably would rearrange my random fanart more then look at the bluray tag especially when there is a 1080p flag already. But I don't have videos only "movies"
I really don't want to start renaming all my dirs and files, as they are already named to be scraped - all info is either in the dir or file name. It should be working.

I don't mind adding the BluRay tag manually, but even that doesn't seem to be working...

dandirk Wrote:I may just copy over the bluray/DVD flag images from aeon and rename them to match the resolution files... so instead of 1080p it will show bluray and instead of 480p/i it will show the DVD image... bah I am too lazy for that too lol
That actually made me laugh - I like your thinking! Big Grin
So I downloaded the latest SVN for mac. I got mediat flag updater to change one of the NFO files and fanart files on a film, then I rescanned the library.

And, Nothing.

Is this perhaps a bit of a sneeky joke on people by djh? Wink
Rescanning wont work you'll need to 'reload' the info for the movie you've just changed. If that shows it's working then do all your movies, set content on movie folder as none to remove from the database, and then set content back to movies and rescan.
PiNCH Wrote:I don't mind adding the BluRay tag manually, but even that doesn't seem to be working...

Have you added 'bluray' to the file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Even with 'Bluray' in the filename of my movies, the bluray flag isn't showing...?0