• 5(current)
XBMC 9.10 codename suggestions, location in a TV Show (or Movie?) begining with a "C"
Carnivale
Cashmere
Centurion
Chandler
Christine
Commando
Conan
Crimson
sergiocos Wrote:Carnivale
Cashmere
Centurion
Chandler
Christine
Commando
Conan
Crimson

Humm... none of those are places, I think. If I am not mistaken, the requirement is a place (preferably imaginary) that appears in a movie or TV show.

The two previous were "Atlantis" (from Stargate Atlantis, for example) and "Babylon" (probably from "Babylon 5"). That is why I prefer Caprica, it continues in the line of science fiction TV Shows (3 of them, "Battlestar Galactica", both old and new, and the spin off "Caprica").

And of course, Caprica "number 6" (the character played by Tricia Helfer) is incredibly hot!!!! As hot as is possible be, IMHO.
Caprica or Camelot are my favorite ones!
Caprica
Hello

More important than the name is:

Will it have best performance then the previous ones on the the most used OS on the Planet that is Windows.

Will it be able of playing at least 720p mkv like most of the less beautiful players on the web.
Since I knew this media player I instantly knew that it was the ALMOST PERFECT ONE simply beatiful only one thing left me very sad It didnt play the 720p mkv fluently maybe this new release will be the PERFECT ONE.

Please make the miracle hapend make this new release be able of playing at least 720p mkv on windows that is the thing everyone is dreaming of.

If the dream comes true I certainly will donate some €uros for this Great Team for the great job, and I think everyone should do the same thing because it is a great HTPC software It will be the best.

Almost everyone uses Windows please help us.

Thanks everyone involved on this project for the work they have done so far congratulations.

Thanks to everyone developing so great Skins for this great Software youre the best.

Forgive me for my poor English Im Portuguese

Thanks
pko66 Wrote:Humm... none of those are places, I think. If I am not mistaken, the requirement is a place (preferably imaginary) that appears in a movie or TV show.

No, it's not. The only "requirement" is that it is extracted in someway from media.

EDIT: Personally, I think all of these single word, obvious correlation names are boring as hell. Come up with something interesting, like FFMpeg did for 0.50 - "Halfway to world domination: the belligerent blue bikeshed."
DigitalFuture Wrote:Hello

More important than the name is:

When will this version be available?

Will it have best performance then the previous ones on the the most used OS on the Planet that is Windows.

Will it be able of playing at least 720p mkv like most of the less beautiful players on the web.
Since I knew this media player I instantly knew that it was the ALMOST PERFECT ONE simply beatiful only one thing left me very sad It didnt play the 720p mkv fluently maybe this new release will be the PERFECT ONE.

Please make the miracle hapend make this new release be able of playing at least 720p mkv on windows that is the thing everyone is dreaming of.

If the dream comes true I certainly will donate some €uros for this Great Team for the great job, and I think everyone should do the same thing because it is a great HTPC software It will be the best.

Almost everyone uses Windows please help us.

Thanks everyone involved on this project for the work they have done so far congratulations.

Thanks to everyone developing so great Skins for this great Software youre the best.

Forgive me for my poor English Im Portuguese

Thanks

XBMC reproduce 720p mkv files smoothly, if you're having problems with that, maybe it's due to the kind of hardware you own and not the software itself. Please, refer to the Support section and post your hardware spec and specify your problem and a lot of people will help you.

Thanks !
tebicenter Wrote:XBMC reproduce 720p mkv files smoothly, if you're having problems with that, maybe it's due to the kind of hardware you own and not the software itself. Please, refer to the Support section and post your hardware spec and specify your problem and a lot of people will help you.

Thanks !

Yes unfortunately I have XBMC installed on a Zotac Ion 330 Dual Core 1.6 I know thats part of the problem since for now XBMC doesn't have GPU acceleration capabilities like other less beautiful software I tested but If one day XBMC has those capabilities it will certainly be a very happy day for many persons including me.

Ah if you want a place starting by C you could call it COIMBRA that is a city here in Portugal that as many Schools universities & symbolizes knowledge that is something the creators of this software have.

XBMC COIMBRA sounds ok Wink

Thanks for the work so far
althekiller Wrote:No, it's not. The only "requirement" is that it is extracted in someway from media.

EDIT: Personally, I think all of these single word, obvious correlation names are boring as hell. Come up with something interesting, like FFMpeg did for 0.50 - "Halfway to world domination: the belligerent blue bikeshed."

How about a minimal one, like XBMC: C

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

edited to add: XBMC: Canyonero!

(she's a squirrel-squashin' deer-smashin' drivin' machine!)
The bible is technically media, right? It might be somewhat offensive to essentially everyone, but what do people think of:

XBMC: Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out devils.
CAMELOT really fits good Nod
Yeah, Camelot looks good....

What about a poll for thisHuh
I thought this was already decided....

wasn't it "Coming Soon"
corellian corvette Tongue
Caddyshack

Canadian Bacon

Cursed
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.10 codename suggestions, location in a TV Show (or Movie?) begining with a "C"1