my understanding problem with updating tv-series
hi there,

yesterday i've added new episodes to some of my tv-series. this is where my trouble began..

let's say i have episodes 01-11 of 24 season 7 and they are already scanned into library. from time to time i do some kind of backup that way: export video database into seperate files - which in my understanding creates all those nfo, jpg and tbn files matching the series and episodes into their corresponding folders. all fine that way.

now yesterday i got more episodes: 12-17. i put them in the 24-SEASON7 folder, naming was just like the other, already scanned files..

24-S07E12.avi, 24-S07E13.avi and so on. now i did a scan for new content on that dir - nothing happened (which means: the new episodes did not get added). i changed into file mode, "right clicked" the 24 folder and choosed "tv series information" - there i pushed update and while it changed my description for the series itself, it did not add the new episodes - and even further: it tells me "no imdb entry found" (i use tvdb?) and removed the info of all episodes that were previously in database - resulting in "0 episodes"..

i had to manually remove all the nfo files in that dir before i got the episodes scraped again - which means my "watched state" get lost on them.

what did i do wrong? did i oversee something?

thanks for enlighting me..
cheers,azido :;):
hard to say without a debug log ?!
mason Wrote:hard to say without a debug log ?!

well, i just thought i might have done something "stupid" ? Smile you know like "you have to update this or that way when you already have nfo files inside the dir" or something like that.

i'm not really sure what's the difference between "tv-series information" + trigger update by hand or using "scan for new content".

also i wonder if xbmc does even try to connect to tvdb when there are already nfo-files in the series dir.. though there are also episodes without an nfo yet. but you're right, i should check for debug log next time this happens.
.. can i enforce xbmc to check for information available online when there is already everything set locally, i.e. i have nfo and tbn files for all episodes of a series, have selected a local picture as thumb and a local picture as fanart?

i ask because for example i'm sure there are tons of fanart pictures for "californication" on tvdb.com, but when trying to update i get only

local cover
actual cover
no cover
search..

to select from.
that is something that bugs me too .. once youre setup your local nfo and fanart stuff there is no way (imho) to use online ressources again. (someone correct me if im wrong)

normaly if you add new episodes without nfos, these should be scrapped via xbmc into your library. at least 'scan for new content' does the job for me. but from time to time with svn versions .. they break it. so keep an eye on the trac too ...

if you use 'resfreh' in the info view, the nfo gets imported again so if you do some manual changes to your info file you can force to read it again. but xbmc should also find it with a 'scan for new content' since the dir hash should change and xbmc should notice it! (once again devs, correct me Wink)

and a look into your debug log should help you find the error in your case.
mason Wrote:and a look into your debug log should help you find the error in your case.

i found out what's happening by look into the nfo files.

i dunno why, but for some reason xbmc replaced <season> and <episode> tags with "-1" instead of the correct values - that's why after refreshing there are "0 episodes" in that directory.

when setting to the correct values, they come up again after a second refresh.

anyone able to tell me what <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags are for? they are also set to "-1".
yes, they are the season and episode a special are displayed inline with

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my understanding problem with updating tv-series0