VDPAU is no longer working
I just updated to branch 19704 today. I noticed on my videos that used VDPAU in the past, are now using FF-H264 insteadHuh Or is my nvidia need to be updated? specs are in my sig.

http://pastebin.com/m49073b90
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Did you set renderer to VDPAU instead of AUTO?

You need to explicitly enable it now.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
PHP Code:
GLRequested render method

That'll be a 'no'! Just go to Settings / Video / Player / Render Method
thanks! i think that was it. the DC now shows FF-264_VDPAU. the player is still the DVD PLAYER - i can't remember if that was what it always was, but I assume it is correct. The cpu is much lower than before.

thanks again.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Why is the simplicity of the auto dectect function disabled for vdpau?

The best thing of xbmc is that it's capable of playing every file/codec without changing any settings
Because there are(were?) bugs on non VDPAU systems and with the auto-refresh stuff enable? It'll be back when they're resolved.
How can you tell if VDPAU is running on not? I've got an nvidia graphics card and have updated the driver. Have also turned on VDPAU, but can't tell any difference. I've got a quad core CPU, so CPU load was low anyway (around 10%-15% - is that low?) but am interested to see what this does.
Hit 'o', you should see vdpau somewhere in the codec info.
tslayer Wrote:Did you set renderer to VDPAU instead of AUTO?

You need to explicitly enable it now.

This is no problem. Will it still fall back to another renderer if VDPAU fails? Or does that only work when auto works?
In the past VDPAU was working perfect for me with DVD disks, 1080p videos and mpeg4 videos. My CPU usage would be at most 3 %.

I just updated my xbmc to the latest version today, now VDPAU no longer works. VDPAU
settings are set but now I only see FF-H264 in the info bar. I am also seeing 40 %
CPU usage.

Funny thing is 1080p movies are the only types of videos using VDPAU now.

My Question is, how do I enable VDPAU for all videos ?
Did you fail to read my reply or motd2k's?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes.

"Did you set renderer to VDPAU instead of AUTO?"

All my settings are VDPAU. But the info bar still does not show VDPAU.
Any Mpeg2 < 720 lines was always software decoded, to allow DVD menus etc to function (they're not implemented in our VDPAU routines atm)
Thank you for the clafication.

I hope you guys get VDPAU working with DVD disks.

Thanks for xbmc btw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU is no longer working0