Aeon-specific meta-media information index
Well Aeon is really pushing the boundary past what any other XBMC skin provides in terms of meta-info and I'm getting confused which meta-media does what in Aeon, hehe. So below is my current understanding of all the files used by Aeon and where it uses them. Can somebody answer some of the questions below?

MovieFolder\
-- Movie.mkv
-- fanart.jpg (1)
-- movie.nfo (2)
-- movie.tbn (3)
-- folder.jpg (4)
-- extrathumbs\
---- thumb1.jpg (5)
---- thumb2.jpg (6)
---- ??.jpg (7)

1) fanart.jpg
  • 1920x1080 recommended minimum resolution
  • Large background image in multiplex
  • Medium-sized image in multiplex with "Layout: Art"

2) movie.nfo
  • Movie info

3) movie.tbn
  • 720x1080 recommended minimum resolution
  • Poster to cache for all views
  • Loaded as largeimage in full screen info view

4) folder.jpg
  • Is this used? For what? Same as movie.tbn? What if there's both?

5) extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
  • 960x540 recommended minimum resolution
  • Multiplex "Layout: Thumb" and "Layout: Plot"

6) extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg
  • Multiplex "Layout: Plot"

7) extrathumbs/??.jpg
  • Slideshow in some multiplex layouts? Or does it need to be thumbN.jpg?

I know the TV stuff is still barely out of the planning stages but I'll put it here so I can figure out what's required as it gets finished. Is there anything special that can be done with season folders?

ShowFolder\
--tvshow.nfo (1)
--folder.jpg (2)
--seasonN.tbn (3)
--fanart.jpg (4)
--poster.jpg (7)
--Show - SxEE - Episode 1.mkv
--Show - SxEE - Episode 1.nfo (5)
--Show - SxEE - Episode 1.tbn (6)

1) tvshow.nfo
  • General show info

2) folder.jpg
  • Cached thumb for show selection in all views
  • All other XBMC skins use poster here but I think Aeon is using 16x9? Or both?

3) seasonN.jpg
  • Cached thumb for season selection in all views
  • Is this poster or 16x9? Or both/either?

4) fanart.jpg
  • Somewhere in multiplex?

5) Show - SxEE - Episode 1.nfo
  • Episode info

6) Show - SxEE - Episode 1.tbn
  • Cached thumb for episode selection in all views

7) poster.jpg
  • Used as largeimage in Info view (?)
This is an excellent way to describe the art situation... I suggest it should be made as a sticky and corrected / updated as and when more info becomes available.

The artwork 'mess' is a real bugbear of mine, but you've made a good attempt to explain the concept help newbies.

Good work!
AnalogKid Wrote:This is an excellent way to describe the art situation... I suggest it should be made as a sticky and corrected / updated as and when more info becomes available.

The artwork 'mess' is a real bugbear of mine, but you've made a good attempt to explain the concept help newbies.

Good work!
And some of us old buggersLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Great work, very helfull !!!!

ps : Do you know how we could handle movies series like james bond, back to futur, jason ourne etc......
Don't forget the new poster.jpg ^_^
midgetspy, can you keep your first thread up to date with the latest info- djh, could you make this a sticky?

Very useful thread Smile

An addition for TV:

TV Show\
-poster.jpg

Poster
Is displayed in the 'I'nfo view
Hmph...

I cannot get it to pick up my custom season images... any thoughts anyone?
Apologies, it now works. You have to delete all your temp profile data and re-scan for it to pick up local thumbs... so thats c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc

it can be called seasonN.tbh or SeasonN.tbh. It doesnt have to live in the season folder if you have a structure like this:

TV Show\
\Season 1
\Season 2
TV Show\season1.tbh
TV Show\season2.tbh
Well once some of this actually get finalized (by djh) then we should start making an online directory of thumbs (preferably scrappable). Right now all I'm doing is screen grabbing from my movies? What about you guys?
true, but I was thinking a 'current state of play' thread...
Arkon11 Wrote:Well once some of this actually get finalized (by djh) then we should start making an online directory of thumbs (preferably scrappable). Right now all I'm doing is screen grabbing from my movies? What about you guys?

The only way this can ever be 'finalised' is for these kinds of images to be natively supported by XBMC. I can't say whether this will happen, nor would I expect the team to decide that it should. You'll just have to keep your fingers crossed and, in the meantime, decide whether a little inconvenience is worth having these things in the first place.

I'll do an official version of this thread shortly, btw.
Yeah I mostly intended for this thread to be used to keep track of the art situation during development, since once Aeon's released I can just go read the readme :0)

I'll try to keep it up to date but I'll need some help so everybody feel free to correct my OP, add to it, and fill in the grey areas.
I will help you with the work to document it.... a little later tonight.

I will also upload some scripts for windows users that I use to help auto generate all this crap!

One thing I'd like to suggest though:

Rather than adding correction upon correction using this thread, I'd rather the very first posting be modified so folks don't have to keep reading all the thread... and that it's got some clear "Last Updated On: " field.

I'll get back to you later on some more info, I'm just working right now.... I don't mind discussing it using the thread, just stick with the first post as the 'Master' definition - if that's ok with everybody?
AnalogKid Wrote:I will help you with the work to document it.... a little later tonight.

I will also upload some scripts for windows users that I use to help auto generate all this crap!

One thing I'd like to suggest though:

Rather than adding correction upon correction using this thread, I'd rather the very first posting be modified so folks don't have to keep reading all the thread... and that it's got some clear "Last Updated On: " field.

I'll get back to you later on some more info, I'm just working right now.... I don't mind discussing it using the thread, just stick with the first post as the 'Master' definition - if that's ok with everybody?

exactly what I was looking for.
Spot on!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon-specific meta-media information index0