• 3(current)
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository
Cissou Wrote:When I'm trying to get the auriga branch in git i get a
Code:
cissou@monkey-d-luffy:~/skins$ git checkout -b auriga origin/auriga
fatal: Not a git repository

You need to cd into the aeon directory that was created with the git clone command. Follow the guide carefully.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
Ooany ideas why i'm getting this when using Bash:

$ git clone git://github.com/djh/aeon.git
Initialized empty Git repository in c:/Program Files/XBMC/skin/aeon/.git/
github.com[0: 65.74.177.1291]: errno=No such file or directory
fatal: unable to connect a socket (no such file or directory)

is the website down?
i think that i've followed all the instructions correctly.

thanks
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
I can't seem to close this Aeon app after it starts, I just installed it and it looks great but there's no shutdown or suspend buttons like in mayham

is there a shortcut key that closes it or somewhere in the settings cause i cannot find it

not only that but the menus to locate your local media is not the best outlay not user friendly to a noob like me

A tutorial would be awsome
press "S" for a menu whilst on the home screen
lol thank you so much

I'm so impressed with this theme

excellent work to all the coders who designed it, N1
you can customize the setting for the shortcuts on the main screen and add "shutdown"
How do I switch back and forth between the different branches?

When I try a similar method to switch back to Aeon Stark to update I get:

xbmc@bc-xbmcpc:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin/Aeon_Stark$ git checkout -b aeon origin/aeon
fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches/forcing
Did you intend to checkout 'origin/aeon' which can not be resolved as commit?
It appears to me just by going into the appropriate folder, either "Aeon_Stark" or "Aeon_Auriga" (what I named them when cloning) and doing a 'git pull' is all that is necessary to update the respective branches. Is that correct?

To be absolutely sure, you could do "git pull origin <branch>" which is not much typing.
philter, that sounds about right. If you already have the branch set in each directory respectively, then you should just be able to run "git pull".
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
For some reason it always hangs when i get to 9% on the receiving objects part.. ive been trying for the past week n half to get it working and it always stopps there..it doesn't download anymore. On my bandwidth mon it shows no activity at all. whats going on??
That's definitely an interesting symptom. Try deleting the Aeon directory you created to house the git repository, and start the process over. Perhaps something is corrupted in that directory.
well.last night I started it again and it got to 75% this time then stopped mid download for some weird reason Sad
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I'd just download the files from the web site, extract them to the folder, and then try "git pull". It will detect that you have the latest versions of the files, so you won't need to download anything at that point. In the future hopefully running "git pull" just to get updates will work out.
ah,wait..so if i extract all the files I can grab from the github via the zipfile I could just go into that dir and try a git pull??will try right now Smile
Yeah, it will just detect that you already have them and give you an "Already up to date" message. Don't forget to get the font pack as that is not distributed via github.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository2