• 4(current)
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository
is there some additional structure i need to add to the folder ?? git tells me it's not a git folder when i extract the zip to a new folder and try to run git pull ;/
You still need to initialize the folder with the steps I posted above. Just cancel out of the "git pull" function that always fails on you, and manually copy the files into that directory you created with the guide.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
this is what it looks like after i cancelled out of the git clone etc..

i let the clone create the folder then copied the stuff from the zip into the folder..im guessing I somehow didn't do it right :/
thx for the help btw
I think the problem has to do with the original "checkout" command you run to switch branches. As you can see from the prompts after that, the branch is still "master". What operating system are you running?
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
running xp here
I'm using Git Gui and wanted to know how to update. There's a push command but no update/pull.
nevermind: figured it out. Fetch+ Merge
Yesterday I downloaded the latest Auriga and I seem to have lost the back drops on the home page, its just black. I have set the correct path in the settings but it still doesn't show any backdrops.
Farakh Wrote:Yesterday I downloaded the latest Auriga and I seem to have lost the back drops on the home page, its just black. I have set the correct path in the settings but it still doesn't show any backdrops.

Hi Farakh.

Check if you find the solution in this thread; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53292
Ok guys I started to download Black's mod with git (I use TortoiseGit because it looks similar to TortoiseSVN which I use every day at work).
I did some changes to the XML files (fixed an issue and now I'm playing around with a language flag) and then wanted to get the newest things from git. But git always says that it can't get the newest files because they can't be merged with the files I've changed. Am I missing something or isn't it possible to merge local changes with remote updates like with SVN?

Thx for helping me out.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Wraith88 Wrote:I'm using Git Gui and wanted to know how to update. There's a push command but no update/pull.
nevermind: figured it out. Fetch+ Merge

i was going to ask that for myself, finding that fetch + merge seems to be the equivalent for git pull on commandline.
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:i was going to ask that for myself, finding that fetch + merge seems to be the equivalent for git pull on commandline.
I was going to ask this too Wink

...but in Git Gui, do you mean:
Remote -> Fetch From -> *name* ?

because I can't find Fetch + Merge anywhere.
how big is everybody's .git folder? Mine is 1.06 gb which strikes me as a tad excessive.
My hitcher mod is 115mb
marirs Wrote:how big is everybody's .git folder? Mine is 1.06 gb which strikes me as a tad excessive.
It's probably because my instructions have you clone the entire repository, so you have all (both) branches downloaded with all of the data. I'm sure there's a more conservative method.
Durkslag Wrote:I was going to ask this too Wink

...but in Git Gui, do you mean:
Remote -> Fetch From -> *name* ?

because I can't find Fetch + Merge anywhere.

I cant find it anywhere also. how do I do this?

can anyone post screenshots on how to do this.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository2