• 5(current)
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository
rickatnight11 Wrote:[*]Select Clone to begin cloning. This will take a while and won't look like it's doing anything. Just let it run.

I was trying this on a mac github, but it keeps at this stage for hours. Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
rflores2323 Wrote:I cant find it anywhere also. how do I do this?

can anyone post screenshots on how to do this.

I didn't really understand how to do this, so under Tools I clicked Add and then added 'git pull origin master'.
I don't know if this is how your suppost to do it, but it works for me. The only thing is that if you change any files your self it wont update them.
Ok maybe I'm just to stupid to use/understand GIT but I can't figure out how to do the following:

I have made some changes to the files of Hitchers Mod (e.g. in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml) and would like the to update to the latest revision from github without loosing my changes. In SVN I just update my local copy with the files from the repository and they get automatically merged (or are marked as conflict for manual merging).
What do I need to do in GIT to get the same result? When I try "git pull" I always end up with an error telling me "Cannot merge". Is there some option I need to provide so that the files get merged or something?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Ok maybe I'm just to stupid to use/understand GIT but I can't figure out how to do the following:

I have made some changes to the files of Hitchers Mod (e.g. in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml) and would like the to update to the latest revision from github without loosing my changes. In SVN I just update my local copy with the files from the repository and they get automatically merged (or are marked as conflict for manual merging).
What do I need to do in GIT to get the same result? When I try "git pull" I always end up with an error telling me "Cannot merge". Is there some option I need to provide so that the files get merged or something?

Just remove the "Includes_MediaFlags.xml" then do a git pull then put your one back

Any file that gives you that error just remove it completely and git pull will then work as normal
>>X<<' Wrote:Just remove the "Includes_MediaFlags.xml" then do a git pull then put your one back

Any file that gives you that error just remove it completely and git pull will then work as normal

But if I first remove my file and then copy it over the new one I either loose the new stuff or I have to manually merge it which would be a pain in the ass with all the files.

That would be, in my opinion, the opposite of what I would use a source management tool for. There must be a way to auto-merge or whatever otherwise I don't see the use of git in this area Huh
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:But if I first remove my file and then copy it over the new one I either loose the new stuff or I have to manually merge it which would be a pain in the ass with all the files.

That would be, in my opinion, the opposite of what I would use a source management tool for. There must be a way to auto-merge or whatever otherwise I don't see the use of git in this area Huh

In simple terms Git doesn't merge entries in files it replaces old files with new files, if files have changed remotely compared to those locally it downloads the whole files and merges them with the old unchanged files

The point of git is to keep bang up to date with the latest changes without having to download and install everything from new

You could have a read here if you like

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/g...anual.html
Montellese, I believe the issue is that you are not submitting your changes to the github repository. Git is intended to be a source management tool that multiple people use to make parallel changes and keep track of them. If you were submitting your results like a normal development project, then merging changes would be no problem. Since we are using git just to distribute data and updates, the model doesn't quite work. There is probably a way to do this, but I'm no expert.

It's kind of like modding all of the models and maps of a video game, and then wondering why running update creates errors.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
Well I'm just used to it from Subversion so I can't really see why git wouldn't be able to do it.

Thx for the link I will check it out, maybe I can figure something out.
I haven't had any experience with svn yet, but were you able to make changes to local files without submitting them to the public repo and still pull down changes from the repo?
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
I use SVN every day at work and it often happens that I did some changes and before I commit them to the company's SVN I check if someone else has committed some changes affecting the files I changed as well. If that's the case I update these files and SVN auto-merges the changes (unless there's a conflict then you have to manually merge the file). I recompile the application to check if everything still works and apply some tweaks if not. Finally when everything works again I commit my stuff.
That makes sense. Please pardon me, as I'm not an expert in git or svn. I am sure there is a way to use git the way you are used to subversion, but the method I have here for pulling the aeon code from git hub probably does not take advantage of that functionality. I just know it works. If you do some research and find out how to better maintain custom local files while still merging in "official" changes, please let us know!
Mmm... Why appears this error?

I´m trying to download a Hitched version of Aeon, but appears that message. i follow exactly all about this manual says, of course with Hitched addres...
I'm not entirely certain what's wrong as the error is in German, but I would suspect that the path to the git repository is incorrect.
rickatnight11 Wrote:I'm not entirely certain what's wrong as the error is in German, but I would suspect that the path to the git repository is incorrect.

It´s just the Vista shit AUC... I habe just opened the Git file als Administrator..
For some reason I cant se any writing in the program. I guess the problem is my fonts. I have put the fonts folder into the Aeon Stark folder.. Any idea why this wont work?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository2